News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Bot Members

Started by Livaco, May 27, 2015, 01:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livaco

Version

Description
I would like a mod that allows bots that you set to roam the forum and post. in the options you can edit names and they also have real profiles.

Permissions
i would like it to be the defult permisson system, like it is a real persons profile.

Feature Set
I would want it to be like a real profile's fetures. and in options you can edit how many of them their are and give them names. also they can be like a staff and understand the rules so they can be trusted to be staff.

please reply if i need more info

margarett

Overall this is a very complicated thing to implement. You will also note that bots tend to post dummy replies and easily give away that they are not real persons. This will make you look bad to your real members.
It was requested before, it was never developed (as far as I know)

But this:
Quote from: Livaco on May 27, 2015, 01:34:15 PM
also they can be like a staff and understand the rules so they can be trusted to be staff.
Blows it away... You can't really expect that this kind of AI is ever implemented, for sure :o
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Livaco

Quote from: margarett on May 27, 2015, 01:45:29 PM
Overall this is a very complicated thing to implement. You will also note that bots tend to post dummy replies and easily give away that they are not real persons. This will make you look bad to your real members.
It was requested before, it was never developed (as far as I know)

But this:
Quote from: Livaco on May 27, 2015, 01:34:15 PM
also they can be like a staff and understand the rules so they can be trusted to be staff.
Blows it away... You can't really expect that this kind of AI is ever implemented, for sure :o
<sarcasam>
Gee Thanks
</sarcasam>
JK, i know it can be a bit difficult but i have seen people do it on websites before, i just wanted to see if it can be done on smf.

Kindred

well, just about anythign CAN be done -- if you know how to code it (and have the time to do so)

What you have asked for is mostly pointless and basically useless for 99% of the sites out there -- so, quite honestly, I would expect someone to require a payment to develop such a thing for you... (and I would not expect it to be cheap)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Suki

It can be done yes, I have a bot myself.

But one thing is to have a clearly defined bot and another one is to pretend that bot to be a real person.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Livaco

Quote from: Suki on May 27, 2015, 02:10:42 PM
It can be done yes, I have a bot myself.

But one thing is to have a clearly defined bot and another one is to pretend that bot to be a real person.
how how how how how how how how how how how how how how?

Kindred

You do realize that bot posts are obvious and that they will, in general, drive real users away, not attract them... Especially if you are trying to have bots making "real looking" posts...

The same, btw, goes for that silly "fake users online" mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: