News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Many "8: Undefined index: user" errors

Started by aegersz, May 28, 2015, 08:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

Admin -> Server Settings -> Disable evaluation of templates
Then post any new error messages without eval in them

aegersz

much the same thing, after the disable.

my main problems is that i can't see an other users online ! anyway, here is the new log >
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

1- whatever you did, it was done (inappropriately) to the text strings in modifications.english.php.   Basically, some string in your list of mod strings is calling for a variable -- which is undefined -- because most text strings are plain text and variables have not been globalized in that file.

2- whatever mod you did is probably only partially or incorrectly installed and that is causing your issues with the who's online list as well.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

can you attach your modifications.english.php to your next post?

aegersz

Thanks for looking into this. Here it is.

aegersz

i changed the faulty line and this fixed the errors but still can't see any users in "Who's online" (?) ... what have i done wrong ?

i changed $txt['to_do_empty'] = !$context['user']['is_admin'] ? 'To-Do List is empty!' : 'To-Do List is empty! Are you free man? :)';"

to "$txt['to_do_empty'] = 'To-Do List is empty!';"

Kindred

well, I can't look at the file myself right now... however, your problem, as I stated, is likely to be more than a single "faulty line".

What mods have you installed?   I am betting that whatever mod or hack that you installed to modify your who's online list at some point was either only partially installed or was poorly coded to begin with
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

My mods:

I didn't install a mod to my "Who's Online" list though ?

I also tried to uninstall "To-do List", just in case, but i couldn't, due to errors.

i'm thinking about reinstalling 2.0.10 and starting the mods again - good idea ?

Kindred

please post mods as text in a post, not as an image or attachment...

yes, it is likely a good idea for you to load a fresh set of files and start installing mods from a clean, working installation (see FAQ on loading a fresh set of files without losing any data)
Слaва
Украинi

aegersz

I tried this, following the instructions carefully.

I still had the problem of not being able to see who's online - could it be a 2.0.10 bug ?

Kindred

it is NOT a 2.0.10 bug, since no one else, including this site, has any issue...
Слaва
Украинi

aegersz

damn, thanks, anyway.

i'm at a loss of what to do.

the reinstall yielded the same issue but i have stopped the user errors, anyway.

aegersz

My Mods:

1.   Add Facebook Like to Posts   1.1   
2.   Enhanced PM System   2.7   
3.   Ultimate Profile   0.9.1   
5.   Enhanced Dropdown   1.3   
6.   SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum   2.0   
7.   SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update   1.0   
8.   Double Post Stopper   2.0   
9.   Users Online Today   2.1   
10.   List Of Users In Topic or Board   1.1   
11. removed
12.   Add Favicon.ico Support   1.101   
13.   Most Popular Topic Today   2.3   
14.   Simple Audio Video Embedder   3.1   
15.   Join date and Location in Posts   1.3.1   
16.   SA Chat   0.1.5 Rev110   
17.   To-Do List   2.0   
18.   Ultimate Menu   1.0   
19.   YouTube BBCode   2.6   
20.   Premiumbeat Flash MP3 Player   2.0.1   
21.   Advanced Recent Posts   1.1.1   
22.   Ultimate Profile   0.9.1   
23.   PayPal Donate   1.0   
24.   SimpleDesk - Integrated Helpdesk for Simple Machines Forum   2.0   
25. removed
26.   Karma/Rep Limit   1.0.1   
27.   Downloads System   2.5   
28.   Avatar for banned members   1.0.1   
29.   SMFPacks Shoutbox   1.0.5   

aegersz

I have managed to get myself into a mess and a wayward MOD may be the cause of it - i doubt that it was a manual mod by myself.

A software reset using the UPGRADE failed as the problem appears when the live database is in use (my "Who's Online" is invalid and i don't know how to fix it.

So, if i start from fresh, how will i be able to bring the users and posts (forget the smfmod settings, i'll start again on that) ?

i'm stuck with a system that is not working properly and have not been able to fix it. Suffice to say that this has upset me and i don't really want to move to another product as i have invested a lot of time and effort.

PLEASE, How do i get myself out of this mess ?

aegersz

also, i was able to get it working BUT that was with a fresh install and a FRESH database.

please excuse the other posts - i'm digging a deeper hole the more i persist as i don't want to lose all my posts.

I would really appreciate some more help on this.

aegersz

i tried that but it doesn't work; when i use my real database, as you would, it still doesn't work.

It ONLY works for a fresh install, fresh database.

that's why i'm asking for help.

I can't use the original ticket because someone has locked it, hence these extra threads.

Sir Osis of Liver

Your original topic is not locked.

What errors are you getting when you link a clean install to your production database?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aegersz

no errors BUT it doesn't fix my "Who's Online" !

(I need to get performance benchmarks so i want to see who is using the system)

... and my original "Can't see other users is "Who's Online"" IS, in fact, locked by Kindred

Advertisement: