Many "8: Undefined index: user" errors

Started by aegersz, May 28, 2015, 08:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aegersz

Removed links and login creds for security.

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

Users OnLine appears to be working.  What aren't you seeing?

- R. Waters

aegersz

it ONLY shows yourself and not the other users logged in.

... and now, all the Mods are listed as Uninstalled - but that's not right.

There must be a way to fix my system without losing all my posts. Surely. There must be a way to fix this.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

What a mess.  You need to start with a clean install linked to your database.  There's probably nothing wrong with it.  What's running now is heavily modified, and includes a 'Who's OnLine' mod that isn't SMF core, and not shown installed in package manager.

- R. Waters

Steve

Ultimate Profile twice? And what's #4? Or is that just a typo in your numbering when typing the list out?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

If you've uploaded a clean set of files, it overwrites existing files and all mods are effectively uninstalled.  Obviously, at least some mods are still there.

- R. Waters

aegersz

OK, now have a look please. a fresh 2.0.10 system, my database and the "Who's Online" is still wrong.

Sir Osis of Liver

'Users OnLine' appears to be correct -

Users Online 

0 Guests, 1 User (0 Buddies)

Users active in past 0 minutes:
smfadmin
[Administrator]  [Global Moderator]

Most Online Today: 3. Most Online Ever: 29 (December 11, 2014, 08:32:01 AM)

'Who's OnLine' is a mod, and isn't currently installed.

- R. Waters

aegersz

not so, i am also using my mobile and another 2 browsers to generate the other users.

aegersz

i realise that BUT you said a MOD could've caused the problem ... anyway, how do i fix it ?

i just don't get it - is my database now invalid, on some level ?

Kindred

as a note - you can't (easily) copy just parts of the database, since tables are inter-related and inter-referenced

and PLEASE stop opening multiple threads about the same thing....     you were already being assisted in the OTHER thread (which is why the OTHER OTHER thread was locked)

--merging threads now
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

oh no ! do i have to lose all my posts just to fix this very important function ?

Kindred

NO!   You need to stop freaking out, stop throwing crap at it in the hopes that something sticks and just SLOWLY and CALMLY approach the issue.

very obviously, if your system is not behaving, then your "upload of fresh files" was NOT actually successful...   and/or you might have a mod that is using hooks to handle itself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

sorry - i have spent 6 months building this and only released it today ... i'm just a bit embarrassed.

FYI, the system, at this point in time, is 2.0.10 via a normal install into an empty "html" directory.

therefore there shouldn't be any "hooks", correct ?

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, thanks Illori, had forgotten about that, now I see the problem.  OP had a 'Who's OnLine' bar at bottom of page that I'm assuming was a mod.  It's not there now, but core 'Who's OnLine' function was not showing current user (me), but now it is -

Who's Online

smfadmin  (94.23.6.131)             04:06:04 AM  Viewing Who's Online.

- R. Waters

aegersz

two of the others are:

Users Online
0 Guests, 1 User
Chipper

Users Online
0 Guests, 1 User
dg

Sir Osis of Liver

http://forum.drugs-and-users.org

Clean install, everything appears to be working.  I'm the only user when I login, and am shown correctly either as smfadmin or Chipper.

- R. Waters

aegersz

... but the other two used to show in 2.0.9. - You are not right if you assume that.

they show in a clean install on a clean database, too. just not with my database.

this is the issue; there are other used logged in via different browsers ... this is my usual test.

i think the database is possibly corrupted, perhaps ?

try it yourself by loging-in two sessions etc.

Advertisement: