News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Many "8: Undefined index: user" errors

Started by aegersz, May 28, 2015, 08:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

it's now working !

did you do anything ?

i will put some mods back in now.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

There's nothing wrong with your database.

However, there may be something wrong with 2.0.10.

Checking ..........
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

On 2.0.10 test install, active users are not being saved.  If I login/logout as different users, only current one is listed in 'Users OnLine' (set for 30 min).  If I switch to different browser, it initially shows previous users, then reverts to current user only.  This is what I'm seeing on OP's forum.  Also happens in 2.0.9.  Can anyone else duplicate this?

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: aegersz on May 28, 2015, 04:38:44 PM
it's now working !

did you do anything ?

i will put some mods back in now.

I changed the 'User online time threshold' frpm 0 to 30 min.  Default is 15 min.  But I'm still seeing the problem.

- R. Waters

Illori

are all those users currently logged in? if they have logged out they should show as a guest. do you have everyone selected in the drop down on the right side? if it just shows logged in members then it would not show any users that are logged out/guests.

Sir Osis of Liver

It should show logged out members for 30 min after they log out in 'Users active in past 30 minutes:'.  Don't think it's a real problem, something to do with logging in/out as different members on same computer.  Seems to be inconsistent.  Will tinker with it when I have more time.

- R. Waters

Illori

no it does not show for 30 minutes after they log out, as they have logged out. it will only show those that are logged in for 30 minutes before they drop off the list.

aegersz

btw, i reinstalled my Mods and so far, so good.

i hope i didn't damage the friendship - i just freaked a little because i wanted it all to work since it went public today.

thanks and keep me posted.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

I believe that setting that value to 0 might actually cause the issue that is being described...   AFAIK, it has to be a positive number (15-30 is the best setting for it)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Illori on May 28, 2015, 05:27:16 PM
no it does not show for 30 minutes after they log out, as they have logged out. it will only show those that are logged in for 30 minutes before they drop off the list.

That doesn't seem to be what it's doing.  Always been my understanding that it shows any user that's been logged in during specified time span, whether they're currently logged in or not.

Quote from: Kindred on May 28, 2015, 06:16:56 PM
I believe that setting that value to 0 might actually cause the issue that is being described...   AFAIK, it has to be a positive number (15-30 is the best setting for it)

Seemed to do same thing either way, but if 0 is an invalid value, it should not be accepted.

Will have some time to play with this tonight.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: