SMF 2.0.10 - Unable to upload a 44.5 Mb attachment

Started by SatTrkr, May 28, 2015, 09:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SatTrkr

I am unable to upload a 44.5 Mb attachment in a post reply. My attachment settings are as follows:

(0 for no limit)  kB Max attachment folder space   0
(0 for no limit)  kB Max attachment size per post   0
(0 for no limit)  kB Max size per attachment   0

There are no errors in the error log.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SatTrkr

Okay, so I was able to modify the php.ini file. According to Godaddy the php.ini file is supposed to be named php5.ini and the two lines of code added to that file are supposed to be as follows:

upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64M

where it should be multiples of 2^n, i.e. 32M or 64M or 128M. For example, if you select 60M it reverts to 32M.

I am able to reset my server by logging into my Godaddy account and end my system process for the WEB process entry. When it restarts it picks up the new values in the php5.ini file and it did, indeed, work okay.

Now I am able to upload the 44M attachment in a post that I was updating.

All is good now.
Regards, John Eccles, Owner of Satellite Tracker Application, the Satellite Tracker Forum, and the Yahoo Groups called Satellite Tracker

Advertisement: