Attempt to upgrade database via large update install failed.

Started by welshdog, May 28, 2015, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshdog

Site: http://australianopinion.com.au
SMF Version: 2.0.10
Database Version: 2.01
Theme: Default

Simple issue perhaps (I hope)? When our CleanTalk installation failed we suffered a mass invasion of false member registrations. On trying to delete these people we discovered the database error below. I followed the instruction to install the Large Upgrade which worked as usual regarding the forum software... however the database problem and the inability to delete 'false' members remains.

I've tried searching the archives but I can't see a similar issue (tho the search facility is a bit primitive in some ways... maybe a link to Google might enhance searches??). I'd appreciate some assistance on the best way to deal with this problem.

QuoteDatabase Error:
Table './aoau_smf1/smf_log_errors' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
File: /home/aoau/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 258

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.10, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Many thanks.

br360

Don't worry about the "Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade" part- that's just a stock reply.

The issue is that your smf_log_errors table has crashed, and you are going to need to go into phpadmin and repair the table.

This link should show you how to do that if you haven't before- https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin_optimize_database.htm

welshdog

br360

Sure. Please come back when it's done and let us know if that resolved the issue.

welshdog

Quote from: welshdog on May 29, 2015, 12:05:16 AM
Quote from: br360 on May 29, 2015, 12:03:15 AMThis link should show you how to do that if you haven't before- https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin_optimize_database.htm

Nope never done it... off I go to try. Many thanks. :D

Hmmm... The version of phpMyAdmin I have have access to (4.0.10.7) doesn't seem to possess a 'repair' option! Would it help if I simply deleted all the contents manually??

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

You should click on the structure tab, and then should have a list of all your tables. At the very bottom of that list you should see something like this- (not the exact same tables of course)

welshdog

Quote from: Kindred on May 29, 2015, 12:23:09 AM
No...  You need to repair it

Heh... amazing what some delicate 'clicking around' can accomplish. Found the option as instructed and repaired the table. :D

I can now remove those false members and reinstall all the Mods etc.

Thanks again for the amazing support. :D

tananaBrian

Thank you!  i had the same rush of false registrations, same table crashed and needed repair.  Now fixed and working!  (I wonder if it's a bug that crashes that table upon mass false registrations from Russia?)

Brian

Advertisement: