Installation Problem - file writing permissions on net4india

Started by esolution28183, May 29, 2015, 06:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esolution28183

i am new user and try to install smf forum, my domain id is hxxp:exbii.asia [nonactive] my hosting server is net4india.

when i try to install smf forum 2.0.10 getting the following error:-

Critical Error!
You're on a windows server, and some crucial files are not writable. Please ask your host to give write permissions to the user PHP is running under for the files in your SMF installation. The following files or directories need to be writable:

agreement.txt
    Settings.php
    Settings_bak.php

when i try to change its permission but unable to change it. in this condition i hv talk with my host customer care, they reply following message:-

This is to inform you that we do not provide permission on files kindly put these files agreement.txt Settings.php Settings_bak.php under a folder on which we will give you read/write permissions..

what i can do, guyz plz help.

Shambles

Why not do as they suggest - install your forum into a folder.

esolution28183

thanks for reply,

but when i put this files on in any folder, how much files i change the path or if i install this all in any folder than how i redirect my domain, i am totally zero knowledge on site building.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: