The "Anchor" - function on Index page

Started by sangham.net, May 29, 2015, 09:23:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangham.net

Valued SMF-Supporter and SMF - friends,

since a while the anchor to the certain boards seems to be out of effect. While the link of reference seems to be right, there seems to be no anchor set.

Does anybody have an idea?

Thanks in advanced

metta & mudita
Samana Johann

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sangham.net

Vaulued Mr. Kindred

a sample: If you click this link
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php#c3

you would get the header of "c3" (board, anchor be placed in the board header) on the top of you window. If such an anchor would be not placed, you would get the index-page as usual and such is current on sangham.net and Atma (me) has no idea why.

Kindred

in that case, it would appear that whatever theme you are using has not linked the anchors or some other mod has broken them
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sangham.net

Does not seems so "<a id="c3"></a>" looks like placed in the html of the page. Some use also name as reference.

sangham.net

Atma sees... http://sangham.net/index.php?action=forum3... the links within the other pages are missing #

Any idea how such can happen and how to fix?

Atma has to say that he made a "special" in regard of this issue: Language costumization for Info-Texts of Forums

Kindred

well, your link does not match the anchor...

<a id="c3"></a>

index.php?action=forum#3

see?

And would you *PLEASE* stop referring to yourself in the third person? I KNOW that you can write English better than you are doing...
Слaва
Украинi

sangham.net

mmm...

Maybe it was meanwhile posted, valued Mr Kindred, at the same time, how ever may one look at this.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

sangham.net

The maybe missed post before yours or the special, if the first is no more a problem, valued Mr. Kindred. Not an emergency, so no need to hurry and thanks for your great care and will to fix everything fast.

sangham.net

see... locks like it now the other extreme and old jam was pumped up again. Its just a little side entertained and no need  to get hold of the wrong end of the stick. As the pump here is an old technical issue and never another. Nothing to bear at all.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

sangham.net

Again on the emotional level...  :) Creative, isn't it? But yet, still no idea. How does this "anchor link" producing code looks like and where could the surrounding of it be found?

Kindred

your theme's boardindex.template.php

but I have no idea at all what you are babbling about now...   
Слaва
Украинi

sangham.net

Sure? The links are not on boardindex but on many places. As we have seen that it is actually a link and not an anchor problem.

It might be that we post to fast and add sometimes, in regard of your add. Editors  :)

Kindred

the anchor links to categories are defined in the boardindex template -- and that is what you asked about.

If you are talking about anchor links elsewhere, then it is something else...   and your use of babble-language has done nothing but confuse the question.
Слaва
Украинi

sangham.net

Mr. Kindreeeed... not so fast. Its all here/there accept your wise hints which help always a step further.

Advertisement: