News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[FREE] Add source in quote

Started by rubens116, May 29, 2015, 10:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubens116

Apologise if I didn't correctly submit my request. This is my first time posting on this forum because I've just registered here.

When it's really a tough job to create such mod I am willing to give a few cents, but preferably I want it free.

Version
2.0.10 (+)

Description
I just started making newsletters on my forum and would love to have a field where I can supply my sources where I've got the news from. The attachment in this thread shows how I would like to be. If it's possible I would love to have the ability to add multiple sources in separate fields up to 3 sources.

Permissions
The mod should only be able to use for administrators or in separate boards. I'm fine if it can only be used in one board by all users though.

Feature Set
I do not know what to add here. Thank you for any replies and help I might get. The image in the attachments is not real. I've created it myself.

sangham.net

May Atma (me) ask, why not simply making quotes by the BBC quote and maybe modify a new, say "adminquote" tag and style it a little?
Quote from: This was posted by rubens116 in this TOPIC
Apologise if I didn't correctly submit my request. This is my first time posting on this forum because I've just registered here.

When it's really a tough job to create such mod I am willing to give a few cents, but preferably I want it free.

Version
2.0.10 (+)

Description
I just started making newsletters on my forum and would love to have a field where I can supply my sources where I've got the news from. The attachment in this thread shows how I would like to be. If it's possible I would love to have the ability to add multiple sources in separate fields up to 3 sources.

Permissions
The mod should only be able to use for administrators or in separate boards. I'm fine if it can only be used in one board by all users though.

Feature Set
I do not know what to add here. Thank you for any replies and help I might get. The image in the attachments is not real. I've created it myself.

rubens116

Quote from: sangham.net on May 29, 2015, 10:48:48 AM
May Atma (me) ask, why not simply making quotes by the BBC quote and maybe modify a new, say "adminquote" tag and style it a little?
Sure you may ask. I do wonder what you mean though, could you explain a little more?

sangham.net

valued rubens116,

it seams as if you "just" like a special style and infos and for such not much programming is necessary. Simply add the mod Personalized BBC and make it your self by a little html for the style and output. The permissions are also well managed with it.

By pushing the BBC-button you might get

[adminquote="" text=""][/adminquote]
And you can fill out maybe

[adminquote="http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3864" text="that's a fast way"]text text text[/adminquote]

and would get:

Quote from: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3864 'That's a fast waytext text text

And you could style it differently. Frame, color, ...

rubens116

Thank you for your replies, sanghamnet. I'll give the mod a try. I would like to know however if this kind of mod is possible to makel though. But if it's not really that much of an addition then I'll give up and focus myself on the Personalized BBC mod.

Kindred

Quote from: some article at www.cnn.com
Like this?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sangham.net

Quote from: rubens116 on May 29, 2015, 11:21:28 AM
Thank you for your replies, sanghamnet. I'll give the mod a try. I would like to know however if this kind of mod is possible to makel though. But if it's not really that much of an addition then I'll give up and focus myself on the Personalized BBC mod.

For the make its for sure no problem to get some help if never done any html stuff. May you have joy with it and by working you out.

rubens116

Quote from: sangham.net on May 29, 2015, 11:33:38 AM
Quote from: rubens116 on May 29, 2015, 11:21:28 AM

For the make its for sure no problem to get some help if never done any html stuff. May you have joy with it and by working you out.
Could you possibly show me an example what to fill in all the required fields of Personalized BBC to get a BCC that'll give the possibility to add a source in quote-style?

sangham.net

Maybe <span style="color:red; border:1px solid green;">{content}</span> or Mr Rubens could give the span simply an id and make the styling within the index.css file.

Or he uses some existing stylings of the quote:

<div class="quoteheader"><div class="topslice_quote"></div></div><div class="dquote"><p class="dquoteheader"> Namo tassa bhagavato arahato sammā-sambuddhassa </p><blockquote>{content}</blockquote></div><div class="quotefooter"><div class="botslice_quote">{option}</div></div>

in this case Mr Rubens would need to define the class "dquote" and "dquote" header in the index.css file or he could but in the styling direct. The others are already given and you would adopt many details from original "quote".

The sample would look like the quote frame as here in this link.

And the bbc for such looks like this: [dquote="{option}"]{content}[/dquote]

add in css:
.dquoteheader
{
color: #999;
font-size: x-small;
text-align: center;
font-weight: bold;
padding: 0.3em 0.5em;
}

.dquote
{
font-size: x-small;
color: #5F5F5F;
text-align: justify;
background-color: #ffffff;
line-height: 1.4em;
border-top: 2.5px solid #999;
border-left: 1.5px solid #999;
border-right: 1.5px solid #999;
border-bottom: 2.5px solid #999;
border-top-right-radius:0.5em;
border-top-left-radius:0.5em;
border-bottom-right-radius:0.5em;
border-bottom-left-radius:0.5em;
padding: 1.1em 1.4em;
margin: 1.1em 0 0em 0;
overflow: auto;
}

and just try to change the style sheed and look what comes across.

Good help are the W3C pages, for example color picker

but there are professional around who could quickly make you a short html if you draw or describe a layout.

Advertisement: