News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How do I use/enable mods once they are installed?

Started by ShanghaiTimes, May 29, 2015, 11:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShanghaiTimes

Well. I"m getting there. A real newbie I know. But there you go.
I've looked at al the docs and postings I can find, but this seems a fundamental problem for me..
I've installed the following mods.

Quote1.   Ad Managment   3.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2.   Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?   3.0     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3.   Downloads System   2.5     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4.   httpBL   2.5.1     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5.   PHP Information Mod   1.0.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6.   SA Twitter   1.2     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7.   Say Thanks   1.3.3     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8.   SMF Gallery Lite   5.5a     [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9.   SMFShop   3.3.2 

... and can't for the life of me find where to configure them, or enable them even?
Nothing is showing up under [Modification Settings] ... which is where I thought they would show up?
I'm pretty sure they are all for my version 2.0.10, as I checked that. They all came back and said "installed ok", and a couple even said "Go to Settings" or something to that effect, but in the interests of getting them all installed first - I missed that bit. Now can't find out how to set them up.

help ... thanks

Steve

If you look at the first post in each mod thread at the mod site here (or at the mod itself) it will tell you where the settings are if there are any.

If there are none, then the mod is functioning when you install it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Some "bigger" MODs have their own configuration page. Ad management, Download system, SMF Gallery (at least) have them. If can't easily find them in your admin panel, something went very wrong with the installation of your MODs...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: