News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Having major issues with site since mod install

Started by Media-Bay, May 30, 2015, 11:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Media-Bay

Having major issues with site since mod install

Hopefully this is in the right area.

I Installed earlier to day SimpleAds ad on which came up with no errors when installing but after completed made site complete inactive. Lucky enough i do back-ups before mod installs so i had to restore from my back up but think have now gone really funny. Site came back up fine but a few things are causing me serious issue. I have found away around most of the problems but the biggest one i have is i cannot uninstall any mods on my site now. Every time i do it makes my site inactive so i have to restore again. (this is all my mods).

Can anyone please help

shadow82x

Can you please be more specific? What happens when you try to uninstall a mod exactly? Any error messages?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Media-Bay

Hi,

It seem to be the standard Internal Server Error.  But even though I have restored from my back up the mod in questions that caused the issues still shows up in packaged installed and is well if I try to uninstall that I also get the same internal server error.

I can provide screen shots if that help but will have to do tomorrow when site is at its lowest of traffic as it makes it inactive.

Kindred

sounds like you have a problem with file ownership/permissions -- and when your SMF tries to chmod the files in order to make edits, it exceeds the max chmod permissions set by your host...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Media-Bay

Thanks for advise but got it working fine now.

When my site went down, my hosting company started checking the files .So when i tried restore my site my hosting company where already working on files so some how they got abit messed up.

Tried uninstall mods to day and worked perfect.

Again thanks for help

Advertisement: