[PAID] Record the viewers of a particular topic

Started by mnn2, June 01, 2015, 08:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnn2

NOTE:
The budget for this mod is USD $20 (to be paid via PayPal) and this mod will be released for public usage (free of charge) or to be listed in SMF official mod section if someone willing to help me put this mod there.

Version
2.0.x

Description
Essentially this is a tracking mod that be able to record (save to database) the list of viewers for a particular topic. The information to be recorded:

1. member name (or guest)
2. topic id
3. date time of visit (format: yyyy mm dd hh mm ss)
4. ip address

Permissions
Only administrator can set which particular topic id to be tracked.

Feature Set
1. Administrator be able to set and remove which topics to be tracked.

2. Administrator be able to view and delete the list of viewers for a particular topic id being tracked.

Bigguy

Seems a bit like spying actually. Why are you wanting to record this info. ??

mnn2

I have a product description page and I want to know who view that page.

Bigguy

Ok, I see. That's reasonable I guess. You understand why I asked right ??

Bigguy

No, unfortunately I can't. I'm not that good with coding. I am sure if someone sees this mod as reasonable they will answer for you. :)

live627

Budget is a little low for me. Can you swing $50?

mnn2

Bro, $50 is beyond my budget.

My offer of $20 is just a mark of thankyou to those willing to help. All credits/copyrights to you if you willing to make this mod and you may put this mod to SMF official mod section under you name, copyright, etc. Even you can create a paid version with more features. All possible future profit also belongs to you.

Please go ahead and make it if you agree with my offer of $20 and above mentioned credit thingy.

Steve

This is only food for thought. I'm not suggesting anything, criticizing anything etc.

When asking for a paid mod, one has to consider a number of things such as the man-hours to write the code, apply it to a setup similar to the person who wants it to ensure there are no conflicts, rewrite the code if necessary, test it again, redo this until it works as requested, then offer it as a solution. If this takes 3 hours, then at $20, the person creating the mod is being paid less than $7 an hour, lower than minimum wage in the U.S.

As I said, I'm just throwing that out there so people might have an idea why coders don't jump right on creating paid mods. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Pipke

There was/is already made a mod wich does most things you wanted.

Quote from: Pipke on May 27, 2015, 09:47:29 AM
Topic view log, althought the mod is deleted you could get more info by visiting SMFSimple.com
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

mnn2

Hi Steve,

I am open to any opinions. Thanks for the overview for the works in IT industry in the US. I am coming from tiny country of Asia. Just my honest view/situation:

1) I am not a formal business operator, just a hobbyist in providing some tarot reading $2 per session using SMF forum.

2) Between [FREE] and [PAID] request for mod, I think [PAID] request is anytime better than [FREE] even though my budget is extremely low. $20 is just my mark of appreciation to those will to help. I think $20 can buy some coffee / beer in the US?

mnn2

Quote from: Pipke on June 02, 2015, 09:54:53 AM
There was/is already made a mod wich does most things you wanted.

Quote from: Pipke on May 27, 2015, 09:47:29 AM
Topic view log, althought the mod is deleted you could get more info by visiting SMFSimple.com

Many many thanks Pipke,

Someone already PM me about this mod and even uploaded it to a file hoster for me to download and use. But I think if someone willing to create a new version of this mod then it's good for the community and thus I still let my [PAID] request continue.

Steve

Quote from: mnn2 on June 02, 2015, 10:15:38 AMI think $20 can buy some coffee / beer in the US?

Yes it can. :D

Like I said, I wasn't criticizing or belittling your request. Just throwing out info some folks might not have thought about. There are often extenuating circumstances such as in your case. :)

mnn2

Quote from: Steve on June 02, 2015, 04:41:09 PM
Quote from: mnn2 on June 02, 2015, 10:15:38 AMI think $20 can buy some coffee / beer in the US?

Yes it can. :D

Like I said, I wasn't criticizing or belittling your request. Just throwing out info some folks might not have thought about. There are often extenuating circumstances such as in your case. :)

Thanks for clarification. I hope someone don't mind the low budget and willing to make the mod.  :)

margarett

Hi mnn2

Out of curiosity, why don't you just use the existing MOD? Although it was removed from our modsite (by its author, not by us), as much as we can tell there are no problems with (or there weren't when it was hosted here)

Just saying ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

mnn2

Quote from: margarett on June 02, 2015, 05:51:19 PM
Hi mnn2

Out of curiosity, why don't you just use the existing MOD? Although it was removed from our modsite (by its author, not by us), as much as we can tell there are no problems with (or there weren't when it was hosted here)

Just saying ;)

Hi margarett,

the existing mod is not behaving the same way as described in the description. I have installed and tested the existing mod which only acted as a summary, e.g. member A visited topic 100 for n times and the last visit is this date time.

What I wanted in this mod is

Quote1. member name (or guest)
2. topic id
3. date time of visit (format: yyyy mm dd hh mm ss)
4. ip address

For example:

QuoteID   member   topic id   date time of visit   ip address
1   John   1   yyyy mm dd hh mm ss   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
2   John   1   yyyy mm dd hh mm ss   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
3   John   1   yyyy mm dd hh mm ss   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
4   John   1   yyyy mm dd hh mm ss   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
5   John   1   yyyy mm dd hh mm ss   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
6   John   1   yyyy mm dd hh mm ss   xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Imagine that topic 1 is my product description page. From this data collected, I know that John really interested in my product and I may offer special discount to him via PM.

That is the purpose this mod.

live627

Hi mnn2

Just saying ;)
Indeed. I have that mod on my site and its code looks good.

mn2, i'd be happy to  modify that mod for you within that budget.

mnn2

Quote from: live627 on June 02, 2015, 09:16:41 PM
Hi mnn2

Just saying ;)
Indeed. I have that mod on my site and its code looks good.

mn2, i'd be happy to  modify that mod for you within that budget.

Please go ahead and make it. Thanks.

Steve

mnn2

Quote from: live627 on June 03, 2015, 01:20:08 AM
Here you go

Hi live627,

your works is not completed, right? I already installed it and the functionality of the mod is just same as the existing mod.

live627

Updated. Now views shouldn't be grouped by member.

mnn2

Hi live627,

will test the mod later. Thanks for update. Please PM me your paypal email.

mnn2

Hi live627,

just now I already tested the mod and I have to say that the mod does not perform the job as described in the mod description/feature I wanted.

Steve

What doesn't it do versus what you wanted it to do specifically? That would help him out methinks.

mnn2

Quote from: Steve on June 14, 2015, 07:59:24 AM
What doesn't it do versus what you wanted it to do specifically? That would help him out methinks.

Hi Steve,

it's pretty clear in my mod description in first post.

There is priority in everything. I have to wait a bit longer for it. ;D

Advertisement: