Error on install package

Started by Yes-U-Can, June 02, 2015, 05:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes-U-Can

Can someone help me on what i have to do to fix this,

"I removed the default theme & renamed my other theme as my main theme from SMF_themes",,   

(Site is working fine) but :-\  Now it shows this when i try to add any package (can't basically), If you can guide me a bit would help, and Yes i understand i did wrong and will definitely take a few reprimands,  please help.
Bullying people is not right, STOP YOUR BULLYING GROW UP AND BE AN ADULT!!!

Looking

Renamed a file and deleted a table? Sounds like you've created a mess. Do you have a backup?

Yes-U-Can

Sorry about that i didn't remove a table just removed a theme from the smf_themes

Looking

Its hard to say what you did, what I was asking is if you have a backup then you can at least restore the portion you deleted and then uninstall the proper way.

Illori

you do know the default theme is REQUIRED? there is a good reason why you can not delete the default theme from the admin panel. i hope you have a backup you can restore...

Yes-U-Can

don't have one, my chances of restoring it back would be high if i did, Does anybody know which file it is searching for?

Illori

it is searching for a field in the database that is incorrect now that you messed with things. this is why you should not play in the database when you dont know what you are doing.

does your host have a backup they can restore for you?

Yes-U-Can

True, i can check maybe they might have one, let me get back to you on this,  thanks

Yes-U-Can

Quote from: Illori on June 02, 2015, 05:36:53 PM
it is searching for a field in the database that is incorrect now that you messed with things. this is why you should not play in the database when you dont know what you are doing.

does your host have a backup they can restore for you?

UPDATE: Got the host provider to back up site, it was a few days old which was great. Everything is back to normal and yes it's a learning experience guys always do a backup, which i would always do, i figured i wasn't going to make a mistake but i did, regardless it's my fault and

Thanks Illori for pushing me to my host provider, i should of known they had done a backup zip for me at one time before but i truly forgot  :-[  [size=78%]. Thanks again  [/size]

Kindred

And remember... Never, ever, ever delete the default theme...

And any time that you have to modify the database directly in order to do something, it probably should not be done... There is a good reason the option is not available in the admin tools
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Topman

Quote..this is why you should not play in the database when you don't know what you are doing.

With SMF there are three main rules:
1) ALWAYS back up your database before upgrading or adding a package.Mod.
2) ALWAYS back up your forum SMF files before changing anything or upgrading.
3) If anything can go wrong - it will.

And deleting the default theme in the database would be number 4 although why anyone would do it on purpose?
Themes can sit there even if you arent using them they do no harm!

Advertisement: