News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Uploaded files corrupted?

Started by Recon66, June 03, 2015, 03:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recon66

Hi,

We have a problem. Installed SMF 1.1.15 and it has been run without problems 2-3 years. But today every file, which have been attached to topics are corrupted. Something happend today.

System's error log have couple errors:
- 8: Undefined index: c_copy
- Also can not load ThemeStrings.finnish

BR;

-R

margarett

Well, first you should really upgrade your forum as you are 6 versions behind, some of which are security patches.

About your attachments: are ALL attachments damaged or just the ones that you upload now? Can you get to them via FTP and open them in your computer?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Recon66

Hi,

Thx quick reply.

Attachements folder have 911 files. Files don't have names and format are wrong. Please see attached file. Also every file has been modified yesterday.

BR;
R

margarett

I would say that there was probably something wrong with your server/host yesterday...

Attachments are not stored in the database with their name to prevent direct access. They are stored with id_filehash

What you can do is to pick any file, get it to your computer and open it with, eg, Notepad++. The first characters of the file should easily identify the file type. Eg:
In a JPEG image you should easily see "JPEG", "JFIF", etc
In a PDF file you should easily see "PDF" (first characters)
In a ZIP file you should easily see "PK" (first characters)

If possible, please attach one of these files.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Recon66

Ok,

* One file downloaded and opened with notepad -> will open
* Same file renamed .doc -> will open with Word

RB;
R

margarett

But does it open fine? Is the content correct?

On the first post you said that all files are corrupt. What do you mean by corrupt?

Recon66

* File loaded via FTP and rename it to *.doc -> open fine and content are ok.
* File loaded via SMF -> file have correct file name, but will not open in word. Word says that file could be corrupted
* File loaded via FTP and opened with notepad -> everything seems to be fine
* File loaded via SMF and opened with notepad -> Not ok. Lots of "nuls"

-R

margarett

OK so the files are apparently there and in good shape. That is good.

Can you try using default theme and English language?

Illori

i dont recall which patch of 1.1.* but the attachments got hashed file names due to the possibility of hacking if they can be accessed directly. so the names of the files is not exactly "wrong".

Recon66

Now have tried with default theme and same problem. I can't find where to change language.

-R

Sir Osis of Liver

Admin -> Languages -> Settings
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: