News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

500 internal error on brand new forum

Started by sweetraskels, June 04, 2015, 12:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

A "500" error is not related to php so the log you presented isn't (at this point) relevant.
Check Apache logs (or even OS logs) first ;)

I'm not the best person to give you hosting advices but I do have a localhost Linux box and I get error 500 if, eg, I set 777 permissions. I can see something like "world has execute permissions in file ....." in the logs.

So you first need to be able to identify the cause for error 500
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

sweetraskels

so, i did clean delete and then set the upload to binary and now i get different error after installation

http://ejuiceclones.com/index.php [nofollow]

Template Parse Error!

There was a problem loading the /Themes/default/index.template.php template or language file. Please check the syntax and try again - remember, single quotes (') often have to be escaped with a slash (\). To see more specific error information from PHP, try accessing the file directly.

You may want to try to refresh this page or use the default theme.
syntax error, unexpected end of file

Kindred

So, installation was completed?

Did you make changes to any files? Install any mods?

Because, that error does not just happen by itself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

LiroyvH

It does seem like you're having corruption in the files... Maybe check if they're the same using the md5sum tool?
But an EOF can also occur due to poor system settings like for example fcgid settings making it bail out for invalid reasons (eg: extremely low time-out settings or process/memory constraints for the wrapper.); you really need to check the server's error_log if the md5 hashes match for the files.

-edit-
Fix typo, clear up.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

sweetraskels

@kindRed . No mods were installed. Just installed the forum and click on the link to go the forum. and go these error.

margarett

Did you noticed that you had other replies? Namely the ones that that forward you to your server logs?!
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Topman

At last I may be able to help someone!
Use Fileziller ftp and delete or remove the  .htaccess php file.
It is an error in this that may be causing the problems.
I had the same issue and thats all it was.
Worth a try?

sweetraskels

I dont have .htaccess file on the root.

LiroyvH

htaccess could be responsible for the 500 Error (along with a custom php.ini file somewhere in the folders), but it's highly unlikely it's responsible for the template errors.
However, as OP keeps ignoring relevant questions; it's all a guess anyway.

Htaccess is a dotfile. So it's hidden by default.
I'm not sure how you're looking at the file list, but in an FTP client you'll have to make it show hidden-/dot-files; and in SSH you need to use the "-a" flag on the ls command.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

sweetraskels

Finally i did manage to see whats goin on with the server....
i did run "tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log"
which i throwing out the exception. i i did manually tried uploading the file that its complaining.one [nofollow] file at a time and then that page started working
when i move around the pages i get the errors, so i manually upload the files again and try again.
I should agree with CoreISP i should use MD5 to compare the files and check whats goin on.
Definitely thankful for all the members who have been helping out to figure out the issue .
You guys are great for newbie like me.

Topman

Quote from: sweetraskels on June 05, 2015, 09:34:25 AM
I dont have .htaccess file on the root.

If you use fileziller ftp you will see the .htaccess files if they are there.

Kindred

topman...  no, you won't.   .htaccess (and other dot files) may not show up in ftp view - base don the HOST settings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Topman

Well I can see the .htaccess file in my version of Fileziller!
but it isnt shown when I use whisperFTP.

Advertisement: