News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

mail not working

Started by G Star, June 05, 2015, 06:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G Star

I initially gave up with SMF when i couldn't get mail to work but yesterday i researched and researched and reconfigured apache send mail settings and hey presto! it works well.... it did for a bit....

I started Mercury and set up a SMTP server with my gmail account.

All was working fine for a few hours then my forum sent a news letter to around 90 people which all went through ok.

But now it has stopped working again, it says they have sent in SMF, it says they sent in Mercury and it even says they sent in gmail but they just don't arrive at the destination emails?

Anyone got any idea? has my gmail account been blacklisted for "spam"?   

青山 素子

If you're sending out mail using Mercury Mail, that must mean you're hosting on Windows and using a home connection. It's possible that your home IP is blacklisted. You can send directly to Google inside SMF and bypass having to use yet another system.

If you are somehow sending through Google with that convoluted setup, you can check your google account directly and see if the messages are showing up as sent.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

G Star

Yea windows 8.1, i tried setting SMF direct to gmail but it doesn't work/connect to gmail, but using "phpmail"(Not "SMTP") with Mercury its sends the email fine my end and in my google account directly they are there under the "sent" section.

I get this error when i try to put SMF direct to gmail
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\Sources\Subs-Post.php on line 1445

also i have wordpress installed on the same server but in another directory on on a different domain and that is working granted its alot slower now though taking about 1hour to get the email through where as before it was almost instant.

Advertisement: