News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

can't access to my forum

Started by Dwarp, June 10, 2015, 04:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwarp

Guys, why I can't open my forum after I installed Say Thanks mod? :-\ it says: Not unique table/alias: 'mts' when I open it.
Help me pls, thankyou

Kindred

restore the backup that you made before you installed the mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

You did do a backup before installing it, right?
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dwarp

thanks for all the replies, mainly margarett xD now I understand what I should do. once again thanks :D

Night09

Quote from: Dwarp on June 10, 2015, 07:16:02 PM
thanks for all the replies, mainly margarett xD now I understand what I should do. once again thanks :D

Yes now you understand to make a backup before installing mods. ;)

Myth9

Sorry for bumping this topic. This topic I was looking for, the problem experienced by me as well, I've read http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/A_mod_broke_my_forum but I'm still not understand to make a backup. The reason why I am still not understand: My English is not good, and now I am looking for a good people to make a backup of my forum, I will send my google+ account (email and pass) by pm. Thank's :)

Illori

have you read http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup ?

you really should learn how to make a backup yourself rather then having others do it for you.

Myth9

But bro, help me just this once. Please :-\

a10

Quote from: Myth9 on June 28, 2015, 11:04:12 AM
but I'm still not understand to make a backup.

- Your host should be able to help, ask for their recommendations about downloading the database.

- Use smf admin (may or may not make good backups, but probably better than nothing!)
Admin > Forum Maintenance > Database > Backup Database > Download

- Am recommending this tool: http://www.mysqldumper.net/, your host (or a tech friend) may be helpful in setting it up, then it's easy to use.

2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Steve

Quote from: a10 on June 29, 2015, 03:59:13 AM... probably better than nothing! ...

I'm not so sure about that but that's probably a matter of opinion on my part.

@ Myth9 - Illori's link really explains it all. And a10's first suggestion is a good one imo.

Giving someone your email/password is just someone else doing it for you (not to mention potentially compromising your email), it's not really helping you learn how to do it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: