Moderate / Reading Everybody's Mail

Started by aegersz, June 12, 2015, 07:53:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

even a phpMyAdmin database export is searchable and human readable.

there is no real security to a competent admin.

would be nice to see an audit log of internal message text; it's evolution and travel, etc.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Kindred

Johan,

Would you PLEASE stop commenting about things which you obviosuly have no clue about and have apparently no interest in learning about?

When one of the experts tells you that something is not reasonable or not possible, your incessant return of "well, maybe someone will be able to do what I suggest" is not only annoying - it is misleading to people who are actually TRYING to learn how to deal with software in a realistic manner instead of some whacked fantasy.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

And that would be why he's the only person to have EVER gone on any ignore list of mine on any forum I've been a member of. (Don't bother responding Johan, I won't see it anyway.)

As far as this topic is concerned, since there's no room for debate (and rightfully so), maybe it should be locked?
DO NOT pm me for support!

live627

Quotethe only person to have EVER gone on any ignore list of mine on
Slacker :P

sangham.net

Quote from: Kindred on July 04, 2015, 08:47:56 PM
Johan,

Would you PLEASE stop commenting about things which you obviosuly have no clue about and have apparently no interest in learning about?

When one of the experts tells you that something is not reasonable or not possible, your incessant return of "well, maybe someone will be able to do what I suggest" is not only annoying - it is misleading to people who are actually TRYING to learn how to deal with software in a realistic manner instead of some whacked fantasy.

Sure, I am not a programmer, but with a little bit input how to formulate such, Atma is sure that a programmer would be able to do such, wouldn't he?

Quote from: Johann...Or put a general costumer info in regard of the PM issue into the PMs-phps and on info pages for user. That's how SMF them self could secure them a little bit more and help users make a consciously choice when using PM (having the thought in mind: "When I send a PM, I am be aware that nothing is secret").

There are a lot of people not aware of this and what else makes a programmer and his support for the user more trustworthy as being honest in inform.

Maybe it's after a little while more concern-able and does not invoke all preoccupations at the first place, Mr Kindred. Try to put "I" and "You" aside. That is the cause of troubles in thinking and the most progress hindrance everywhere.

Kindred

actually, your biggest problems is your constant putting aside of I...

Stop it.
We have spoken to you about this before.
Use the first person.
You are not royalty...  and even royalty doesn't use the third person all the time.
Just stop it.

Your second biggest problem is your inability to receive a NO answer and get it through your bloody, thick skull.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Irisado

This topic was solved last year and has been raised from the dead for no constructive reason.  For this reason it is now locked.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: