News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Count files in a directory where name = and output number to a variable.

Started by MoreBloodWine, June 13, 2015, 12:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreBloodWine

Ok this ones a bit on the trickier side... so I would love it if someone could figure this one out for me.

Anyway, using php, how can one count the number of files in a directory where name = preg_match("/(.*)_lottery.inc.php/") and then output that total to a variable, which right now would equal 3 as a result... Ty.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

margarett

You need to run through the files in the given folder and compare each file's name. I'll throw something for you tomorrow ;)
(nudge me if I forget :P )
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: margarett on June 13, 2015, 04:46:52 PM
You need to run through the files in the given folder and compare each file's name. I'll throw something for you tomorrow ;)
(nudge me if I forget :P )
Deleted my last reply, didn't realized you replied to this lol...

Anyway, here's the original button code to help simplify things.

I have $number_of_lotteries defined at the top of the file as 3 but ya, basically I'd like to count the files in a specified folder where: $number_of_lotteries = preg_match("/(.*)_lottery/", $page) <-- name of the files.

<li <?php if ($page == 'lotteries' || preg_match("/(.*)_lottery/"$page)) { echo 'class="active"'; } ?>>
                <a href="index.php?page=lotteries">Lotteries (<?php echo $number_of_lotteries?>)</a>
              </li>
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

I think your the one who took BTC from me before as payment, while it might not be much I can send you 0.01 BTC when a deposit clear my wallet if you wanted to pluck at this sometime today ;-)

margarett

I wasn't, no. I haven't had any BTC experience yet

Today is not an option, I am out of the country with no computer near me. Only when I get home tomorrow ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MoreBloodWine

Quote from: margarett on June 13, 2015, 05:00:51 PM
I wasn't, no. I haven't had any BTC experience yet

Today is not an option, I am out of the country with no computer near me. Only when I get home tomorrow ;)
Thats cool, figured I'd toss the BTC thing out there because someone from here took it as payment once heh

MoreBloodWine

This whole thing with the edit link going by by after so much time is irking me, so here goes another reply which is a no no because posts shouldnt be bumped which I'm not trying to do.

Apparently preg_match returns an array and my whole brain fried state is messing with me.

Basically This is to do with making something on my crypto site a bit easier as in the long one it will be one less thing for me to manually manage, anyway...

I need to count files in folder (path/to/me) who's names match *_lottery.inc.php where the * is a wild card since files might be named such as...

hello_lottery.inc.php
and_lottery.inc.php
goodbye_lottery.inc.php

So the output would be 3

Problem solved, less you think this can be done cleaner...

<?php

$directory '/path/to/files/';
$files glob($directory "*_lottery.inc.php");

if ( $files !== false )
{
$number_of_lotteries count$files );
echo "<li ";
  if ($page == 'lotteries' || preg_match("/(.*)_lottery/"$page)) { echo 'class="active"'; } 
echo '>
                <a href="index.php?page=lotteries">Lotteries ('
;
echo $number_of_lotteries;
echo ")</a>
              </li>
  "
;
}

?>

Advertisement: