News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Would like to upgrade to newest possible version...

Started by designalot, June 13, 2015, 02:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

designalot

I have 1.15 version, I would like to go to 2x version. Do I have to do a version by version update? I try to go from 1.15 to 1.16 and get the classic "403 error". Below is my .htaccess file. Could anything be wrong with it? any change recommendations?

# -FrontPage-

IndexIgnore .htaccess */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */_vti*

<Limit GET POST>
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from all
</Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</Limit>
AuthName hxxp:lotterydreamaker.com [nonactive]
AuthUserFile /home/lottdrmk/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.pwd
AuthGroupFile /home/lottdrmk/public_html/_vti_pvt/service.grp

designalot

Ok, had to search the web and find a .zip version, seems the download file here at the smf website was corrupt, or my install HAD to see a .zip version. I upgraded all the way to 1.1.21 or the latest. Not sure how to upgrade to 2.0. I found the upgrade and full clean install. I think I prefer the upgrade download. But THEN what? Ftp over my existing files, or what?

Looking

First make a full backup of your files and database. Then download the large 2.0 update. Overwrite your forum files and run the upgrade.

Illori

if you are upgrading to 2.0.10 you dont need to upgrade your current forum to anything beyond what it is now as all the files will get overwritten with the upgrade.

reading http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading may be useful too.

Advertisement: