Mod for banner re sizing

Started by Topman, June 15, 2015, 06:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topman

Is there a Mod to re size a banner so it fits full width at whatever zoom or browser is used.

margarett

Not really and I don't think you can do that.
(actually I think that this was asked before, some time ago...)

The problem is that you can't stretch an image as you want to. And you probably only want to stretch it horizontally but you must maintain the proportions.
The only possibility that I see is that you build an extra-large banner (eg, to the maximum width you want to support) and maybe there is some CSS magic to hide the "excessive" content when the screen is smaller than the banner's width
http://www.squareonemd.co.uk/how-to-crop-an-image-with-a-css-class/
But this is crop, not resize. To resize it, you would have to resize both horizontally and vertically...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Gluz

In the CSS of the banner you have to use background-size:cover; to have the banner always the full width of the forum, but also you have to modify some other codes for the area of the banner to resize as needed.

Without viewing the actual banner and the CSS properties of the area I can't help you more than that.

Advertisement: