Help with auto resize forum logo

Started by Jailer, June 15, 2015, 07:04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jailer

I was wondering if I can get some help with auto resizing my forum logo and one other issue.

I run a small private forum and some of my users on smaller screens are reporting trouble viewing and clicking the links in the header because the forum logo doesn't size down with resolution changes. The logo is a fixed size of 730x101. Is it possible to make the logo scale down with smaller screens? I've found a few threads have addressed similar issues concerning banner images but nothing that specifically addresses scaling the forum logo specifically.

Also one other odd issue my mobile users are having is when the site is opened on their phones it runs off the edge of the screen and they have to pinch it down for it to fit the screen. It's more of an annoyance but if someone knows of a fix for that it sure would be helpful. Seems to happen more with chrome than any other browsers.

Love the forum software BTW, it's very easy to work with and runs great.

Steve

Antechinus just linked to this post he wrote in another thread. Maybe it will help you too?

Full width banner - automatically scales to any screen size
DO NOT pm me for support!

Jailer

What file(s) needs to be modified to make this change?

Jailer

Ok so I found the files to be edited but it does nothing for the logo image. I want the logo image to resize with different screen resolutions, preferably starting at the original resolution and scaling down as screen sizes get smaller so it stays the same proportion and location on the header.

Topman

Quote from: Jailer on June 15, 2015, 07:26:43 PM
What file(s) needs to be modified to make this change?

That is what I have just posted on the linked post!
It would be great if someone would do a Mod for this as most would want to use it.

Kindred

I think you may be exaggerating about "most"

and no...  the one that Steve linked to doesn't do quite what the OP asked...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Yes install responsive mod :D http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4040 - then you can specify logo size in different screen-sizes. (Responsive.css)

Jailer

Quote from: Kindred on June 16, 2015, 07:43:39 AM
I think you may be exaggerating about "most"

and no...  the one that Steve linked to doesn't do quite what the OP asked...

Correct, I'm trying to scale the logo image not the header or header image.

Jailer

Quote from: Antes on June 16, 2015, 08:26:35 AM
Yes install responsive mod :D http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4040 - then you can specify logo size in different screen-sizes. (Responsive.css)

Installation failed.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Topman

Quote from: Antes on June 16, 2015, 08:26:35 AM

So you would have to edit the responsive.css file in this Mod for each screen px width to specify the size of logo or banner for each?

Is this Mod safe?  I see its Beta.  I had trouble upgrading to 2.0.10!!!

Jailer

So as it turns out I already had .3 beta of the responsive mod installed that I had forgotten about. When I uninstalled it the second problem that I listed in the OP was fixed. So no more responsive mod for me.

Now I still need a way to auto resize the forum logo image. Any help there? Is it inappropriate to ask for help like this? I'm kinda new around here and if this is the sort of thing you are expected to pay someone to do please let me know.

Bloc

If you only need to scale down - but leave the width as it is when theres room enough, use this style on the image:

max-width: 100%;

I am not sure how you have your logo, so either as a inline style or inside index.css would be appropiate.

Advertisement: