Translating mod?

Started by telatabi, June 18, 2015, 05:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

telatabi

ı installed this mod but it is English. My forum is in Turkish. How can i translate the mod words?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2873

sangham.net

The "short"-cut would be, if you add this text-strings

$txt['passwd_board'] = 'Please enter the board password: ';
$txt['mpasswd_board'] = 'Password for this board';
$txt['mpasswd_board_desc'] = 'Leave blank for no password';
$txt['passwd_board_enter'] = 'Enter Board';
$txt['passwd_board_notice'] = 'Board is protected';
$txt['passwd_board_error'] = 'This board is password protected and you have not provided the correct password during this session';

(of course already translated) in your /languages/Modifications.turkish-utf8.php file. As far as seen in the install_20.xml-file of the mod. (as for the SMF 2.0 installation)

Hope that helps

telatabi

thank a lot, i uninstalled and i have changed sentences in install_20.xml file, and then i install again this mod and the problem is solved.

Kindred

you do not need to change things in the mod install file -- you can just add the changes to the file(s) manually, after you install the mod in English...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

sangham.net

Quote from: telatabi on June 18, 2015, 06:33:50 AM
thank a lot, i uninstalled and i have changed sentences in install_20.xml file, and then i install again this mod and the problem is solved.

Quote from: Kindred on June 18, 2015, 07:51:01 AM
you do not need to change things in the mod install file -- you can just add the changes to the file(s) manually, after you install the mod in English...

Ohh yes, as such it was meant by "short" cut (my "mistake" as thought that "short" would explain it). Now valued telatabi has Turkish text in the English language file, if he had just changed the text and not add an additional execution for an Turkish language file. So better to make as Mr. Kindred said otherwise you might get a language mix in your language files.

Advertisement: