News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Board Index Hover Question

Started by njtweb, June 18, 2015, 07:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

I see there is a mod or (tip and trick) for hovering over board topics, but is there a mod to hover over the index to change colors?

See this board:

http://supporthockeyfighting.com/

Kindred

please do not link a URL and say "like this"  that is a waste of everyone's time...

explain, in text (and images, if needed, but mostly text), clearly, what your actual desire/intention is...

Hover over WHAT index?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Sorry, it's actually easiest, (at least I thought).

If you go to the mod site and move your cursor up and down the navigation on the left side, that is exactly what I'm talking about. Mostly all bulletin board scripts have this hover action.

See attached image.

Biology Forums

When you hover over a forum in the board index, it highlights the entire row.

I believe that was his intention.

njtweb

Yes sir, that is correct. There is a mod that does this on topic pages but it doesn't do it on the overall board, (Category/Forum) index.

njtweb

I did, but it doesnt work, even when I change version in advanced. I tried changing to every version, just about every file doesn't pass.

Kindred

Should parse just fine for 2.0.2
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Nope, it's a mess of "Test Failed" responses

and the accompanying warning message:

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Kindred

Ah... THAT is a different answer from "won't install"

It INSTALLS just fine... but you have made modifications to the target source which prevent it from automatically applying.
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
Слaва
Украинi

njtweb

It actually doesn't install just fine. I did try and install it on Tuesday, My site went down and and just showed all code error messages. I clicked the back button and was lucky enough I was able to uninstall it because I didn't do a backup.

Kindred

once again, you are not reading what I am saying.

You are absolutely correct.  With errors like that, the mod will cause issues if you install it - without manually adjusting the code (as indicated in the link that I provided)

If you have issues with a specific mods, then you should be asking them in the support topic dedicated to supporting that mod.

However, I will tell you right now...  I just installed on a test forum and it installed perfectly fine on 2.0.10 with no errors at all (didn't even need to emulate)
That means that Whatever other mods or manual edits you have made to your system are cauisng the conflicts and will have to be MANUALLY parsed, by you, in order to get the mod to install correctly.
Слaва
Украинi

njtweb

I guess it's gotta be another mod then, because I don't have any manual edits, just mod plugins. Thanks

Steve

You're still not understanding I think. Even without manual custom edits, having mod plugins will cause this issue with a lot of mods you might want to add. That's why Kindred posted the link that he did about error during installation.

Chances are slim to almost none that you'll get another mod designed when there's already one available. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

maybe the op is using a custom theme and that is why it is failing? in that case it does not hurt to ask the mod author how to add a color change on hover on the board index. it should not that hard.

njtweb

I am using flatline, but when I do the install I get test failures on Core as well.

Illori

if you are not using the core theme, then you can ignore that part.

Steve

Yea, the Core theme is 'unique'. Nearly every mod I install fails on the Core theme in some way. I'm thinking of getting rid of it. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

njtweb

On Flatline its half and half....half pass, half fail and I get the warning message not to install, and it doesn't matter if I change the version to match whatever versions are supported, it fails on all of the versions. But like Kindred said earlier, it's probably a conflict with plugins.

Kindred

The errors have nothing at all to do with versions.... 
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: