News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

I'd like to make another class of quote.

Started by BridgeBurner, October 19, 2005, 08:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BridgeBurner

I'm just now entering the world of internet forums and languages as I try to set up a website and companion forums.  Currently, I'm bumbling through template editing.  I figured that while I'm doing that and messing with templates, I'd though I'd ask if there was an easy way to do something unique to my forum.  My request is this:

Is there a way to create another class of indented text a la quote and code?  I'm setting up a wine website and I'd like the forums to be a place where people go to post Tasting Notes (TNs).  I'd like to be able to let posters indent and highlight TNs by using a BB code much like quote (maybe [tn] and [/tn]).  I'm not asking for any auto-formating yet other than this entity be identical to, but act independantly of, the quote function.  Is this feasible?

BridgeBurner

I guess it isn't.  Is it feasible to CHANGE the "code" operations to resemble this instead?

Gargoyle

I think someone made a MOD that allows the adition of extra bb codes.

As far as making it like the quote code all of that formatting is handled through the style.css file so you could just make an extra call to the additional function.

I would do a search for the MOD first though... Not sure if it does what you are looking for or not but it's worth a look.

Advertisement: