files not loadin on ftp

Started by ChainSmoker21, October 19, 2005, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChainSmoker21

i cant seem to get this file to upload all the files but this one and i really want to up grade .htaccess is the file whats wroing with it i use ws_ftp pro what schould i do ? any help would be great.

Oldiesmann

Try using FileZilla instead of WS_FTP Pro. I've never had any problems with Filezilla.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ChainSmoker21

thanks man you saved me a ton i only hope it works for me ty man

ChainSmoker21

.htaccess  file still not uploading evein in that program  :'(

azc

I had a similar problem that turned out to be an OWNER:GROUP chmod permission thing. Might want to take a look at that (?)

Good luck.

Elmacik

Quote from: azc on October 20, 2005, 12:27:21 AM
I had a similar problem that turned out to be an OWNER:GROUP chmod permission thing. Might want to take a look at that (?)

Good luck.

owner of the file is changed and its not you? if its a file of SMF, then you dont need to change the permissions and can leave it as is.
but if its not a file of SMF or you really need to change the permissions, then after backing up, you have to delete the parent folder and re-upload
Home of Elmacik

azc

In my I case I created an index.html file in the public_html dir of my domain account while logged in as root, using pico. (I'm setting up a new hosting package.) Later I logged back in as the account user, and tried to ftp upload a new index.html. Had to login as root again and chown to the accouct user before I could write the file. It was a dumb mistake. Drove me nutz.

PS – Wasn't SMF related, that all works great.

ChainSmoker21

its a smf file i am lost on it really i am
Insert Quote
.htaccess is the file

azc

If you are using Filezilla, can you right-click .htaccess >> File attributes and change the "Owner" "Group" "Public" permissions? If you can, change them to 777. If you can't, then what are they now set at?

Oldiesmann

What happens when you try to upload it in FileZilla? You should get some sort of an error message (ie 550 Permission Denied in the status window or "Too many retries" in the queue window)
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ChainSmoker21

if file zilla it only says "critiacal transfer error " and in ws_ftp it says some 503 error or some junk

ChainSmoker21

its all but that stinkin file that will not upload i want to upgrade but its a mess tryin to upload a file that just dont wanna go i tryed changin the chmod but it dont wanna upload this file?

Oldiesmann

Most likely it was 530, which is the standard status code for "permission denied". I don't think the .htaccess files are all that critical (mainly to keep people from accessing directories directly), so if it won't upload, I wouldn't worry about it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

ChainSmoker21

well it seems not to want to upgrade with out it once i get the full error in a few days cuz i am gonna be off the net i will post what it says maby that can help more

hxxp:www.gamingtrips.com/smf/index.php [nonactive]

Oldiesmann

Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: