Restore 1.0.20 database to SMF 2.0.10 version

Started by RallyHumber, June 23, 2015, 10:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyHumber

Hi,

I have a backup of Database when I was on 1.0.20.
Now I have installed 2.0.10.

How to restore that DB into new forums??

Regards.

Illori

you would need to upgrade the database to make it work with the 2.0 database schema.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Kindred

yes?   What about that image?

a 1.0.x database will not run on 2.0.x - period...
The database MUST be upgraded by following the instructions in the link that Illori provided.

Of course, you are going to run into issues if you MOVED your forum to a different location since the 1.1.x backup was taken...

If you MOVED the location of the forum (directory or domain) you should
1- add the 1.0.x files in the new location
2- load the database backup to the new location
3- run repair_settings.php and confirm that the 1.0.x installation works.
4- load the 2.0.x upgrade archive in the new location, overwriting the old 1.0.x files
5- run upgrade.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RallyHumber

Thnks for confirming the proceedure, it means there is NO only database upgrade option.

Now, on another server I tried to install 1.1.20 from Scratch.
Its not installing.
install.php loads nicely. After submitting with the details.
'No Data Received', Server not responding...error is coming from Google Chrome or Firefox.

Kindred

are you running 1.0.20 or 1.1.20?
they are different...
you initially said 1.0.20 --  and, just like the upgrade to 2.0.x, if you were running 1.0.x, you can not run a 1.0.x database on 1.1.x

That error, though, should be taken up with your host -- it suggests that some of the installation information you used is incorrect -- or the server is having issues.

As for "no database upgrade option" -- what do you mean?  I just told you how to upgrade the database...  you **MUST** run upgrade.php from the upgrade archive...
The biggest issue that you will encounter is if you are trying to put your new forum in a different location than your old one... in which case, you need to correct the settings FIRST -- BEFORE you upgrade, otherwise the upgrader will fail since it won't be able to find the files.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: