[FREE] Relationship List

Started by Snickerz, June 26, 2015, 02:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snickerz

2.0.x

I run a couple of role play sites, and sites like Facebook are shunning role players left and right, so I'd like to better accommodate my sites to fit their requests/needs. I believe that a family tree would be a nice addition. Something like Facebook has where you can add people as your siblings, or parents, grandparents, cousins etc. I have no idea how easy or complex this would be of course as I don't do that sort of thing but I would imagine it would something along the lines of the current buddy list that exists. If possible of course I would like to even request that it be set up in the same section. Though as I said, I don't do this sort of thing so I have absolutely no idea how much it would entail. It would add a great deal to larger role play stories however, for a quick way to find how people are connected. I believe this could also benefit other sites as well, if for example someone goes missing for a long period of time from the site and you look ad see that their cousin is on regularly, you could possibly ask them if the person is alright or ever coming back.

Permissions I believe should be set the same as the buddy and block lists do to just what the section will do.

And I'm honestly not sure if I fully understand what the feature set is asking, however, I'll be around, so I certainly have no issue with providing further information if asked of me.

Night09

Maybe this mod by Suki could help? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3839

It appears to cover at least some aspects of what your looking for.

☠ DeadMan ☠

I am uncertain if Breeze will do all what the OP wants, but I for one, can admit it's a nice mod, and will give your members a nicer looking, and more versatile profile.

Snickerz

I actually have installed Breeze, and am still exploring what all it has, so far I do like it, so thank you for introducing it to me, but no. I don't see that it's giving me what I'm actually looking for.

Advertisement: