Unable to install patch from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10

Started by jojolene, June 27, 2015, 04:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jojolene

When I click install I get the following error message

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

The areas where the test has failed are

*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test successful

Also when I check all versions against current files I get this information

SMF File    Your Version    Current Version
SMF Package    SMF 2.0.9    SMF 2.0.10
Sources    2.0.3    2.0.10
Default Templates    2.0    2.0.10
Language Files    2.0    2.0.10
Current Templates    2.0    2.0

which shows that sources, default templates and language files are quite out of date.

Can anyone tell me how to get everything up to date please?

Thanks, Jo

Steve

Click the clipboard to the left to see the error. If it is looking for 2.0.8 and you have 2.0.7, this is a known occurrence and will not affect your upgrade. You can do the upgrade and then fix the error manually, it's a minor version number error.

I know this is for mods but the same process applies:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Error_in_mod_installation
DO NOT pm me for support!

jojolene

Thanks Steve, the info on the clip boards read

Code: (Find) [Select]

// Version: 2.0.8;

Code: (Replace) [Select]

// Version: 2.0.10;

and also

Code: (Find) [Select]

Code: (Replace) [Select]

If I install the patch without editing anything manually will the forum break?

Thanks, Jo

Illori

no it will not, but you should apply those edits manually to the file.

MaryLouW

I had the exact same problem as above and went ahead with the install which worked fine.  Now, how do I manually correct the error messages?    They are the same ones as shown in the other person's post. 

margarett

Get the files via FTP, edit them with Notepad++ (change 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 and 2014 to 2015 - or whatever numbers you have in place :P ) and FTP'them back ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

MaryLouW

Okay, I can do that but which files do I need to change?

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

when a file fails a test for a patch or mod -- you do need to keep track of which file failed and what exactly the failure was - so that you can then go and manually correct the code.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MaryLouW

I have two files that are apparently out of date.  How do I update them?  See attached. 

margarett

I have no idea what's an english-old language :P

As for Subs-Post, it depends on which errors you ignored at install :P Can you attach the file?

MaryLouW

I didn't get any errors on the install other than the ones that are listed above.  This is what shows up when I list the files and versions.   I figured they must be in red for a reason?

margarett

No, the message above is not related to Subs-Post.php's update.

Can you please attach the file?

Illori

Quote from: margarett on July 22, 2015, 07:09:22 PM
No, the message above is not related to Subs-Post.php's update.

Can you please attach the file?

i had reported this issue to you shortly after 2.0.10 was released... you said not to worry about it. other then mod edits the version not being correct is the only "issue" with the file.

margarett

I remember ;)

But the header in Subs-Post.php is
* @version 2.0.10
(or 2.0.8 or .7 depending)

Not
// Version: 2.0.8;
This is the typical header of language files ;)

Illori

well it is 2.0.8 on at least 2 installs i have... i did not check the others.

Advertisement: