News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Image Upload BBCode?

Started by njtweb, June 27, 2015, 09:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njtweb

I'm using Tinypic like crazy and using the embed image tags on my site. Problem is, after a while tinypic will delete the pictures. I'd much rather upload to my site and embed from there.

Is there a bbcode which allows you to upload and embed right into a post where ever you want, like with alignment bbcodes?

Thank you for any help in advance.

yakyakyak

Have a look at Inline Attachments. A far better way to go if your site depends on lots of images.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770

njtweb

Quote from: yakyakyak on June 27, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

Have a look at Inline Attachments. A far better way to go if your site depends on lots of images.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3770

Ok, that looks like what I want to do. Question though, I have attachments turned off because I only want myself, (admin) to be able to upload attachments. Can attachment perms be set to admin only?

Thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated.

Illori

there are separate permissions to view and upload attachments per user group.

njtweb

Awesome, thanks guys. Looks like this'll be the solution.

njtweb

Seems the mod author is quite busy with work and not able to get to this any time soon. As I'm not the only one having the same problem with this it appears evident the mod isn't working as advertised.

With that being said, is there another mod anybody can suggest which I can use the attachment feature to embed an image within my post(s) and not have the image show up at the bottom of the post?

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

njtweb

Quote from: Illori on June 30, 2015, 09:32:37 AM
https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-ILA might work better for 2.0.*

Quote from: Steve on June 30, 2015, 09:16:35 AM
There's this one but keep in mind it's pretty old:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1179

@ Steve, I tried that first and I get the do not install warning.

@illori, I downloaded the package and tried to upload. Got  a message the package was empty but to extract the files locally, create a directory called shout and upload the extracted files to the shout directory. Did that, don't see anything. I also uploaded the zip manually to packages directory and unzipped, still don't see it in ACP

Illori

unzip the zip, you will see a folder, open that folder zip the contents of that folder and upload that to the package manager.

njtweb

That's what I did, I opened up the folder SMF-ILS-master after unzipping. I selected all of the contents and added to a new zip called "Shout" as it suggests to do. I uploaded to packages but it doesn't show up in my list of browseable packages

Illori

dont use FTP to upload and you dont need to name it shout, you can name it ILA or similar. use the package manager to upload it.

njtweb

Thats what I did initially and got this Upload Error from Package manager

Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

So I did what it said to do but I did it directly through CPANEL Uploader. I don't use FTP client.

Illori

as i said... extract the files, you will find a folder open that folder, zip all the files in that folder. UPLOAD that zip via the package manager and do the install.

do not use any other way to upload the zip. also the zip you had uploaded you should delete.

njtweb

Ok did that, installed fine with no errors. However, my site is gone.

Now all I get is this.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/hf/public_html/board/Sources/ILA-Subs.php on line 349

Edit** I can't get into ACP to uninstall. Everything I do I get the error message above.

Illori

njtweb

njtweb

Illori

njtweb

I renamed the sources and themes folders then uploaded the BU, instead of uploading and overwriting. Now it's back.

Guess I won't do that again. But its weird, I got no install warnings, everything checked out.  :P

Advertisement: