Modify Quote Code

Started by strano, June 27, 2015, 02:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strano

Hi,

i want to to try to modify the code for the quote, to deploy a kind of notification.
Where can i find this code?

Livaco

You can always suggest it in the "Mod Request" section, also if you are going to code it yourself ALWAYS leave a backup. Unfortunately i am beyond the level of PHP to code it as well, I'm only in the basics xD... Back on topic i with i could code it for you but like i said i have very little knowledge on how to do that.

Steve

Livaco, he doesn't appear to need a mod. His post suggests he knows what he wants to do when he finds out where the code is.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

knowing the type of notification you want would help. are you looking for an alerts system?

strano

Yeah, i know a bit about coding :)

I would use mentions mod combined with quote, to try to develop an alert system when an user is quoted.
But i cant find the code about the quote! :(

P.s. and now installing an editore for the reply, the quote system it's gone! :(

Kindred

which mod?   I suggest uninstalling it...

Quote is defined in subs.php and called in load.php and display.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

strano

Quote from: Kindred on July 06, 2015, 01:22:49 PM
which mod?   I suggest uninstalling it...

Quote is defined in subs.php and called in load.php and display.php
The problem about quoting was resolved. Tnx. :)

Now i try to modify these file to develop this mod: i would use Mentions mod combined with quote...

Steve

strano

Quote from: Steve on July 07, 2015, 08:47:12 AM
So this is solved then?
If is confirmed that the code about quote is there...yes.

I don't know if all the code about quote is there!

For the moment i not still used these informations

Steve

Okay. When you believe it to be solved, just click the 'Mark Topic Solved' button. :)

strano

If i want to execute a SQL query in Subs.php to find a member id, i've to use this syntax?
$request = $smcFunc['db_query'](.......

I explain myself: i would find the member id to add it to the quoted text, using the bbcode of Mentions Mod.

Any suggestions?

Quote from: Steve on July 08, 2015, 09:50:08 AM
Okay. When you believe it to be solved, just click the 'Mark Topic Solved' button. :)
sure!

Advertisement: