News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Issue With Fb Links

Started by desiamerican26, June 29, 2015, 09:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desiamerican26

Hello Friends,
I am encountering one of the weird issues. Let's say when a user post or share a link from Facebook of any image or anything, after a while the links are dead. Please see the below attached image. This been happening for a while now. And any links that a user share on site....this happens.....I am not sure if it's the FB issue or if I have to get some thing done on SMF side.

Please let me know.

Thank You

Steve

My money is on FB (especially if FB is the only place that causes this) as they are constantly changing how the content is posted.
DO NOT pm me for support!

desiamerican26

Is there any solution to that??

cuz many users post FB links to share something instead of uploading them. I told them to upload but every now and then they post links and after a while the link goes dead.......

JBlaze

Nope. Best bet is to have your users upload the photos to something like Imgur and then post them.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Kindred

facebook sucks... plain and simple. They are continually removing and changing the access methods...

Additionally -- do not bump your post like that... especially not within a few hours.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desiamerican26

I figured.....cuz in the begining some users did that and then we had to change over 700 images post and re-upload them....  >:( :(

Advertisement: