News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Features & Options Produces a blank page

Started by burkay22, July 01, 2015, 04:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burkay22

I have installed a mod (Hide content 1.1.4) it was alright. Then I translated it into Turkish via languages.php and when I uploaded it  Features & Options and some a few minor admin pages produce blank page.

And suddenly it spread all the forum and everything was white. But I did backup from packages document and forum is back but admin panel is still white :(

Illori

anything in your forum error log or your server error log?

Kanman

Place the original languages.xml back
The mod http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=4013 needs an file languages.xml not languages.php
If this works you could try your version as an .xml.

Don't forget to change name="$themedir/languages/Modifications.english.php">

Illori

Quote from: Kanman on July 01, 2015, 07:49:00 AM
Place the original languages.xml back

place it back where? only the package manager can read that file not SMF, without the full package even the package manager cannot do anything with it.

you cant just rename a .xml file to a php file and expect it to work.

Kanman

Quote from: Illori on July 01, 2015, 07:53:14 AM
place it back where? only the package manager can read that file not SMF, without the full package even the package manager cannot do anything with it.

you cant just rename a .xml file to a php file and expect it to work.
my bad, I thought about the package.

burkay22 did you try to reinstall the mod after translating?
In that case, was the mod successful uninsulated before reinstall?
Was the languages.xml indeed uploaded as .php?

If you didn't try to reinstall, how did you change the languages?

Can you access the admin panel from a different browser?

Illori

you dont need to reinstall the mod after translating unless you have uninstalled the mod. you NEVER install a mod more then 1 time or you will get errors or crash your forum.

Kanman

Quote from: Illori on July 01, 2015, 09:14:51 AM
you NEVER install a mod more then 1 time or you will get errors or crash your forum.
That's why I asked. and the forum seems to be crashed according to the blank page problem ad least it isn't working as planed.
The installation seems to include the language files in to $themedir/languages/Modifications.english.php
The forum worked normal before translation, broken after. He don't say how the translation was included, but it seems he did with reinstalling.

Illori

the user does not say they did a reinstall. you dont need to reinstall anything when you translate strings. you just translate them and put them in the correct file.

Kanman

burkay22

Hi guys, thanks for helping me. I solved the problem. ''admin.php'' was broken i guess. So I changed it with a new one.

Advertisement: