News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[html] contents are DELETED

Started by robertoed, July 01, 2015, 11:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robertoed

Hey there!
Suddenly my SMF 1.1.21 at ebaforums.com deletes the contents into [ html ] ... when as admin trying to modify or update a post!
Currently the post ( Trying to modify http://www.ebaforums.com/index.php/topic,51.0.html ) is shown fine but when I try to modify the contents with [ html ]  appears as follow

[ html ][  /html ]

The contents of the picture and the ads in html dissappeared!

'Enable basic HTML in posts' is checked !

Tried with FF, Chrome and Opera from http://ebaforums.com/
Also tried to eliminate the ads , and the problem is the same!

PHP Version of my SERVER 5.2 !

Thanks in advance for any help!

Roberto

margarett

The link you provided currently shows a white page, is there anything wrong with your site that we can help with?

edit: no white page now.
But there is something really wrong with your site, it makes Chrome mostly unresponsive in my computer...
In order to try to understand your issue we need at an admin account login, because HTML can't be used by regular members. Please PM me a temporary admin account login so that I can check
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

robertoed

Hello and thanks!
The white page you were seeing was because the server made restore of the site to a previous date to try to solve the problem. No success.
You'll see now as admin at any post with pictures or videos,at you'll be able to see the source with the full  [ html ] < contents > [ /html ] for some seconds. afterwards the html contents dissapear leaving only the empty [ html ] [ /html ] codes !

PM was sent!
Muito Obrigado!
Roberto

margarett

Ok so I tried to create a basic post with HTML tags and it worked, I can edit it without issues. Yet, if I try to edit the post you linked yes, the content between HTML tags disappears.

The content also disappears if we try to quote the post. Do you know which content is inside the tags? (maybe check the database directly?)

BTW: the user who posted that is Global Moderator and the HTML tags are only available to admin by default. Do you have any MOD which allow it to use the tag?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

robertoed

Hi!
At http://www.ebaforums.com/index.php/topic,51.0.html the contents are:

1st) [ html ] < a >< img source .... > image with link of the free throws percentage < / a > [ /html ]
2nd)[ html ] google adsense ad 300x250 script [ /html ]
3rd)[ html ] < a >< img source .... > image with link of a flagrant foul < / a > [ /html ]
4th) same as 1st
5th)[ html ] qadabra ad 300x250script [ /html ]
6th)[ html ] 'add in' script [ /html ]

No mods installed: I uploaded an answer updated yesterday as global moderator, but preparing the post with note-pad, and every change I needed to do ( gramatical errors, images witdth, etc. ) I couldn't use the modify option, but to correct the post at the note-pad and to select all, copy and paste on the post in SMF and save again. This is the way I can work by now!

I hope I answered your  questions to help you to discover and solve the problem!
Thanks a lot!

Kindred

basically, you are doing things that the system is specifically designed to PREVENT...

including javascripts in messages is a BAD BAD BAD BAD idea and a poor process.

including images as HTML instead of the clean BBC is also bad process.

in short...   don't do what you are trying to do.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

robertoed

Thanks a lot for your help!
But. now and since the forum creation, 12 + years ago, the pages are being created in this way, and never I had any problem! . Always the html conten was inserted without any problem till now! This new problem appeared just after the las update to 1.1.21 from 1.1.20 !

Now is appearing a new problem:
Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /home/ebaxst03/public_html/ebaforums.com/Settings.php on line 61

This is not a traditional forum, but is used as a resource of the basketball statistics clinics from ebaclinics.com !

What for are the codes [ html ] ? In this forum someone learn to me to the use of [ html ] codes a lot of years ago !

The question is ... why I could do it for 12 years and now I can not ?

robertoed

Regarding the error about undefined variable, which was related to the line 61 into the file Settings.php, there was commented "sourcedir" path and that is why it was not able to found the path to the Sources directory.
Now disappeared the notice on the top, but the [ html ] problem is still not solved!

margarett

1.1.21 update doesn't really touch anything regarding BBC parsing. In fact, you can try to uninstall the patch (thus bringing you back to 1.1.20) and I bet the problem will remain.

The thing is... You, not an admin, cannot post content inside HTML content inside HTML tags without a MOD or custom coding, it just doesn't work..

robertoed

First of all, I do not find what uninstall, there is some 1..21 in the liksts... but if you think it is not the problem and the solution... what for to do this... if I should know what to do?

I myself as an admin can not post the html codes... and because this is a forum of the clinics, a lot of post of the teachers or the participants must be modified or enhanced... and currently it is impossible to do so! Not the author and not me as an admin without broking all the hatml coded !

Advertisement: