News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

New User E-Mail To ADMIN

Started by Miker1029, July 03, 2015, 02:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miker1029

Hey, Got a Question on how to make this work..

I'm trying to Have the E-mail that's sent to me Include the E-mail address of the New User that signed up, and this is what I'm getting....

[*********** with the E-mail Address: {EMAIL_ADDRESS} has just signed up as a new member of your forum. Click the link below to view their profile.
http://www.android-x86.net/index.php?action=profile;******

Regards,
The Android - X86 Forums Team.]

Can anyone tell me what or how to Have it send the e-mail with the notif?

SPAM Prevention AGAIN!  8-)   (Never ending Battle)

Mike

P.S. And Yes I Know It's not Parsing it, Just need to know how to have it parse it, or if that is the wrong statement....  Thanks!

Illori

if you are trying to do this to prevent spammers, and i assume checking the email address manually, why dont you just use our ideas and prevent the spammers before they can even register?

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do

Miker1029

I haven't checked your link yet, but will, But to answer the question, I have installed a Provider Block MOD and would like to know if it's working, And Jumping into the forum every time a new user signs up for me is not gonna work, I get like 200 - 300 New Users a Month.....

So If I can just see in my E-mail what the provider is, just makes the whole thing simpler...

Checking the link now..

Thanks for the Reply, Will Check back In a sec

Mike

EDIT:

Ya I was there months ago, I guess I mis-spoke, I don't have SPAM problems, I have Fraudulent Account problems.. Not bad, Maybe 10 a Month out of all of em, But I still don't want them, Hence the Provider Block...

SPAM I fixed MANY Months ago, Heck When I first Started It was a 3-4 Hr a Day Process to deal with spam (when i was using PHPBB3)

SO back to the Question is there a way to Have the New Sign In E-Mail Sent to Me?

Thanks

Mike

Miker1029

But that MOD does look pretty Cool, Maybe not an answer to my question, But from the screen shots looks good.

Does it work with 2.0.10?

Mike

EDIT:
Downloading that MOD now looks good!!!

Advertisement: