Re: Help Please - Can't Get My Forum Site to Come Up

Started by zorgon, July 03, 2015, 01:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorgon

Quote from: Phal on March 29, 2009, 10:46:59 AM
Disable persistent connections if you have them enabled.

This is what I came here to find out... I cannot access the forum as the server moved me from a dedicated server to a shared server. They told me I need to disable persistent connections but not how to do this

Since I cannot access the forum I assume I need to make a change in the actual files. Trying to find an answer here and so far this was the only that seems to address my issue

Can someone please help and let me know HOW to make this change?

Thanks

(I will continue searching replies in the meantime)

Ron

青山 素子

Quote from: zorgon on July 03, 2015, 01:01:20 PM
This is what I came here to find out... I cannot access the forum as the server moved me from a dedicated server to a shared server. They told me I need to disable persistent connections but not how to do this

That's suspicious. If you're paying for a dedicated server, they need to restore your service level or give you a refund.

Quote from: zorgon on July 03, 2015, 01:01:20 PM
Since I cannot access the forum I assume I need to make a change in the actual files. Trying to find an answer here and so far this was the only that seems to address my issue

If you cannot access the forum, you can edit the Settings.php file directly and change the value of $db_persist from 1 to 0. If it's already 0, then you aren't using persistent connections.

Additionally, please don't post the same question on multiple topics or on solved topics. It makes it difficult to provide support.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: