News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

smf_log_online marked as crashed, database version too low?

Started by tananaBrian, July 04, 2015, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tananaBrian

hi ...our forum has been working fine for quite some time, but lately, it has crashed and we get the following error;

"Table './reelboa_smf/smf_log_online' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
File: /home/reelboa/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2674

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.9, while your database is at version 2.0.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php."

The "upgrade.php" file is NOT there, and I cannot run the site admin UI when the above error is happening ...and I'd prefer not to have to do a total reinstall.  It might be nice to know (a hint?) what happened and how the site got broken?  And I ran the last upgrade through the upgrade UI ...so why is my database at 2.0.2 and the forum at 2.0.9?  I wonder if my host crashed the database server and restored an old backup??

Brian

tananaBrian

br360 ...thanks for the link!  All is fixed now, although I went around the block a different way.  I queried backup_smf_log_online, saw that it was indeed a log table that probably didn't matter all that much, then I truncated table smf_log_online and voila!  No longer marked 'in use' or 'crashed' and my forum now works.  That said ...note that I do understand the dangers in this and would only risk it if a) you have a very recent backup (I do), and b) you know (fairly certain?) that losing the table content is OK. 

I did this before you responded.

I followed your link, learned about the 'repair table' command (and phpmyadmin way) and ran that query as well ...which succeeded.  Next time, I will use the 'repair table' query...

The person in the link that you pointed to had the exact same experience as me ...a mad rush of robot registrations, an smf_log_online table marked as 'crashed' and a need to repair that table.  That's two people with the same reproduction steps for how the problem arrived ...might be an SMF bug?  Or is this a database or MySQL issue?  Hmmm... At least I know how to fix it if it happens again... thanks a mil!

Brian

br360

I don't think it's an SMF bug, as there are a few ways a database table can become corrupt and crash. Someone with a lot more knowledge in MySQL can hopefully come by and give much more detailed info.

Glad you got it working and resolved though.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

Quote from: br360 on July 04, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
I don't think it's an SMF bug, as there are a few ways a database table can become corrupt and crash. Someone with a lot more knowledge in MySQL can hopefully come by and give much more detailed info.
It isn't a bug in SMF for sure ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: