News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Update 2.0 to 2.0.10 doesn't want to start, language files outdated?

Started by khamseen, July 04, 2015, 08:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

khamseen

I'm eventually getting round to updating after four years and I'm trying to run the update from 2.0 to 2.0.10 but every time I go to upgrade.php I get this warning.

I've tried wiping everything and re-uploading several times at this point. I'm doing this first on a test copy of our forums to make sure it all works out, thankfully. Even doing a clean install of 2.0 and then straight away uploading the upgrade package keeps giving me this error and it kind of cuts me off in my tracks.

Pressing 'skip' takes you to the login page, but every time I enter the details and select proceed it brings me straight back to this page. Any advice will be appreciated.
"In hope we find despair and in despair we find truth." - Myself

Kindred

you deleted the default theme, didn't you?

Anyway... why are you doing it using the upgrade archive? Why not just patch version to version?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

khamseen

I haven't deleted the default theme. In fact as I said I also get this error when I've literally just finished installing the 2.0 version and then upload the upgrade files, so I haven't even changed any settings from default at that point let alone deleted anything.

I hadn't thought about just uploading the altered files, I run a lot of mods so I tend to go for setting everything up in a testing environment first and then it's easier to setup on the live forums without too much downtime. I never used to have any problems with the upgrade packages when moving through the 1.x tiers and it's been four years since I upgraded to 2.0 so just assumed upgrade packages were still the way to go.

Kindred

yes... upgrade PACKAGES....   e.g. the PATCH files using the package manager...   not the full upgrade (replace all files)

and, that error is usually seen when
a) the admin has removed the default theme
b) the theme paths are incorrect
c) the theme URLs are incorrect
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

khamseen

Ok.... sorry for getting the name wrong... there's no need to snap.

I wasn't aware there was an option to update things through the package manager, the download page only provides "full install" or "large upgrade" there is no link to a file for the package manager.

That error may happen for those reasons, but I'm the admin and I haven't deleted the theme, I've even switched the forums over to it to make sure it's still there and all paths are correct.

Kindred

http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/

yes...   i know, it should be linked from the download page as well

(and, fyi... I didn't snap at you) :)
Слaва
Украинi

khamseen

Ah... ok, yeah I didn't see those at all. Though now that you've linked them I have a vague memory of using them for previous updates. I really shouldn't wait so long between updates.

Thanks for that, I'll give them a go tomorrow and see how I get on, if it all works I'll mark the topic as solved. :)

khamseen

Got all the update packages and loaded them up no problem today. Now at 2.0.10, thanks for the help.

Advertisement: