News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Change Logo

Started by EzequielM, July 04, 2015, 11:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EzequielM

Hi, well I want to know if I can change a logo in SMF 1.1.x

How can I change a logo? Is it possible?

Thank you.

shadow82x

Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

EzequielM

Thanks. I read that tutorial but I didn't know I could do the same with the 1.1. series. I thought I could only do it with the 2.0. series. Topic solved.

Mstcool

Just as an FYI:

Some themes don't have the site logo url field. If your theme doesn't, then you would have to go onto your ftp and go to the specific theme on which you want the logo on, find the default logo file, and upload your own with the exact name.

Eg.

If the default logo file name uploaded onto the theme is called "logo.png", then delete that file or rename it. And then upload your own logo and make sure it's exactly the same as "logo.png", any other name uploaded won't work. So, for example, if you upload "logo.jpg", then it would not work. :P

Then do a hard refresh on your site and the logo will show up after a while. :P

EzequielM

Thanks for the response. But let's say, I have already changed the logo of my site, I understood how to change it, but what I don't understand now is, how can I add "transparency" to the logo? I mean, the logo is a ".gif" which means no transparency, how can I change that? Can I add transparency? Sorry for the misunderstandings.  :)

Maniax Wisata

i think first you must use photoshop

Kindred

gif images DO allow transparency, but you need to design that into the image itself...

you can also try to add transparency using CSS.... but I don't recommend it - especially not in 1.1.x

Actually, I really recommend updating to 2.0.x SOON
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: