Modify theme Colours?

Started by peps1, July 05, 2015, 02:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peps1

I'm 2.0.9 and I can see I can go into Administration Center » Themes and Layout » Modify Themes and change and preview the code.

What I would really like to do is just make 3 or 4 colour options for members Like a Green, Red, and Black, just changing key item colours like the background and large blue colour boxes.

Could someone tell me what the key components are in css/index.css to change.

And, then how I could go about making them individual themes, I'm assuming I would just copy the default theme folder from my forum, rename it and copy and paste in the code I adjusted in the css/index.css window to replace the default css/index.css of each different theme?

shadow82x

Are we talking about the default (curve) theme here?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

peps1

Quote from: mcblaber on July 05, 2015, 04:13:38 AM
Are we talking about the default (curve) theme here?

Sorry, yes, we are talking about the default curve theme.

Illori

since the default theme uses images for the majority of the background, it may be easier to search the theme site for a theme in the colors you want and modify it from there.

peps1

Quote from: Illori on July 05, 2015, 06:06:48 AM
since the default theme uses images for the majority of the background, it may be easier to search the theme site for a theme in the colors you want and modify it from there.

Can I not just Photoshop the images? that part would be easy if I knew what elements were images, and what they files were called.

Illori

take a look at the images in the images/theme folder those would be the main images that need to be changed. to know which part of the image is used where take a look at index.css, also look at firefox extension firebug or similar developers tools.

peps1

Quote from: Illori on July 05, 2015, 08:39:26 AM
take a look at the images in the images/theme folder those would be the main images that need to be changed. to know which part of the image is used where take a look at index.css, also look at firefox extension firebug or similar developers tools.

Ok changed all the images, and uploaded the folder to my themes folder, how do I add it to my SMF as a theme option?

peps1

got it, just zip it all up and upload and install like a theme iv download from here.

Advertisement: