What is more professional looking?

Started by Niko_Bellic, July 05, 2015, 12:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niko_Bellic

What is more professional looking, having a main portal page, or the board index on the main page?

Shambles

Your version of "professional looking" might be different to my version of "professional looking".

What's your definition?

Niko_Bellic

Well, if Google it: Pertaining to something that looks as though it has been created by a professional.
That about sums it up, for me. ;)

lurkalot

Quote from: NikoBellic on July 05, 2015, 12:50:43 PM
What is more professional looking, having a main portal page, or the board index on the main page?

Wouldn't this depend on what portal, and what content you have in it?  You can virtually design a whole front page inside one portal block.

Niko_Bellic

Yes, but in people's opinions, what is more professional?
A front page, or the board index?

margarett

It depends if your main focus is the forum or the content around it...

If it's the forum, then Board Index should stand out. If not, a front page.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Bloc

A frontpage allows you to extract bits from the forum. The boardindex is just that - the index. If the theme presented the boardindex in a different way, then I would choose that.But - IMHO if you want to attract new users a living frontpage is better.(living as in changing on a regular basis)

ApplianceJunk

Quote from: NikoBellic on July 05, 2015, 12:50:43 PM

Quote from: NikoBellic on July 05, 2015, 01:07:44 PM
Well, if Google it: Pertaining to something that looks as though it has been created by a professional.
That about sums it up, for me. ;)

I believe either could be made to look professional because either could be created by a professional. ;)

Advertisement: