News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

WYSIWYG Editor bug (changing font, size,... automatically)

Started by ExSpirit, July 05, 2015, 03:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExSpirit

There's a bug if you switch to wysiwyg editor and then type something and code get's messed up if you use other things as just text.

For example, type something in wysiwyg editor and then place some smiley in the middle of the text - it will make text after smiley with different size and different font - automatically. It happens similar with other variants (changing color etc.). Is there any fix for this annoying bug?

I am using Chrome  (43.0.2357.130)

Steve

There are a number of bugs with that editor which is why it's recommended you don't use it. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

margarett

That is true, yet newer browsers introduced changes in the way they interpret JavaScript which made the WYSIWYG experience even worse :(

Nevertheless, I can reproduce this. I am writing this in WYSIWYG and a smiley :) [/color] in the middle of this bold, colored and with font text does break it.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ExSpirit

So the best solution is to simply remove WYSIWYG editor (or at least not make it default) and there's no fix for the editor?

margarett

Unfortunately no :(

I would suggest you to install SCEditor instead (which is now default in 2.1)
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3594
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

the SCE editor mod for 2.0 also has some bugs - especially in relation to other mods.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: