News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

BB CODES like [Size] [font] etc are visible even after posting

Started by saurabh1938, July 05, 2015, 06:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saurabh1938

I am facing this problem for very long and this takes up lot of time even after posting the final content to clean the formatting elements like [ size] [font] etc from the final post.

Attaching an example to show that.

Please help.
Visit my forum : www.gotripperz.com

Niko_Bellic

What is with the broken image icons right before the closing Font tags?
Looks like that could be the cause.

Illori

has this been converted to SMF from another software? in SMF the size tag needs pt after the number, your example is missing the pt.

Niko_Bellic

Quote from: Illori on July 05, 2015, 07:32:31 PM
has this been converted to SMF from another software? in SMF the size tag needs pt after the number, your example is missing the pt.

Only if higher than a certain number.
I just did a test, using just size=4 and it worked:

Testing size=4

Steve

Except that's not size 4 in SMF ... this is:

this is SMF size 4

Since all sizes are relative to each other, the pt is needed as Illori said.

Your example is size 4 in IPB or other software.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Niko_Bellic

My example, is here, in SMF.
What you typed, is:

[size=4pt]this is SMF size 4[/size]

Yes, that is that small, as 4pt is that size.

However, what I typed, is just the 4 which is not 4pt, but size 4.
I have no idea how it's working, nor what pt size 4 is. However, it does work, and the topic starter's size was at 2.
So, that is not what is causing their issue.

Size 1
Size 2
Size 3
Size 4
Size 5
Size 6
Size 7

Interesting, that it goes from 1 to 7. From what I have found, searching, the only software that uses 1 through 7, with 1 being basically normal text size, is vBulletin.
So, looks like the forum may have been converted from that, or phpBB, which also uses that number sytem, but up to 29, with 12 being normal text size.
If phpBB, then the size 2 that is in the screenshot, would have been very small.

saurabh1938

Forget about the broken image tags.

This problem happens mostly when I COPY PASTE TEXT or when I press a back space while writing to shift the contents to upper line, the whole text goes very small abd then BBCodes become visible.

Kindred

sounds like a browser issue combined with some possible issues in the wysiwyg...   does it do that if you TURN OFF the wysiwyg editor?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

saurabh1938

I tried after disabling the wysiswyg editor and problem was not there, but I need wysiswyg editor as I use it. Any possible resolution?

Kindred

not really...  the wysiwyg is KNOWN to be buggy...  so much so that we completely removed it from 2.1 and went with a different system.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

yes, that editor but not integrated in the exact same way.

Kindred

And there are known issues with that mod in 2,0 ---  mostly, it conflicts with a bunch of other mods
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: