Just installed SMF, site is showing in barebones html?

Started by Anjuna, July 06, 2015, 03:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjuna

I just installed my SMF forum, and it's showing up like this:

I understand there's a default theme that prevents it from showing up like that, but for some reason it's not working. What do I do?

Shambles

Anjuna

Quote from: Shambles on July 06, 2015, 03:42:57 AM
Download repair_settings from here and run it.

All about repair_settings

I did just as the provided link specified.
I went to (sitename).com/repair_settings.php . I selected "Set SMF default theme as overall forum default for all users", and saved all settings. It's still the same. What else could possibly be wrong?

Illori

did you fix the paths? they look like they are incorrect. resetting users to the default theme is not the fix required in this case.

Anjuna

Quote from: Illori on July 06, 2015, 05:17:41 AM
did you fix the paths? they look like they are incorrect. resetting users to the default theme is not the fix required in this case.

Then what is required? I'm sorry, I'm really new to this, I don't understand what you mean by "fix the paths"  :P

Shambles

The repair_settings function should show you your currently configured paths, with a recommended replacement just below each path (coloured blue, iirc).

If you click the recommended replacement paths, then hit the save button, all should be better.

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Anjuna

Steve

What worked? Doing what Shambles said or clearing your cache?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Anjuna

doing what Shambles said helped me out. I assume you're going through the same problem?

In retrospect, I doubt it, looking at your rank.  ;D

Advertisement: