News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

User time zone setting?

Started by SulevFan, July 07, 2015, 10:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SulevFan

If my (sometimes faulty_ memory serves, in olde3r SMF versions, users could in their profile specify a time zone (Central, Eastern, etc.) Additionally, there was the "detect automatically" offset to adjust for Daylight savings time.

I just now noticed that the time zone setting is no more and that the "detect automatically" sets me on standard time, not on daylight savings time.

Is this how it is intended to function on SMF 2.x? Not so good, IMHO.

Steve

What is the server timezone set on?
DO NOT pm me for support!

SulevFan

Quote from: Steve on July 07, 2015, 11:06:36 AM
What is the server timezone set on?

How would I (as a user) know?

Steve

The admin should know or can ask the host.

I agree that makes it a bit convoluted.

SulevFan

So the simple answer is that the user cannot explicitly specify their own timezone, but has to do it relative to a time displayed?

That sucks.

Kindred

AFAIK, SMF has never used actual timezones...   it has always used "time offset" (until 2.1)

So, if you have timezones listed, it must be a mod... and so, the proper place to discuss any issues with it would be in the mod support topic...  if you can figure out which mod it is... :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SulevFan

well, since I was talking about native SMF user profiles, I'll just shut up and crawl back into my corner and realize that I will have to live with wrong time settings in this and two other SMF forums I checked. Oh woe is me. ;)

Steve

Why would you do that?

Looking at the mod site, there is a mod to add timezones for version 1.* but otherwise it seems to be as Kindred said.

If you auto detect here, does the time show correctly for you?

Advertisement: