News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Caching, even level 1 has always been a disaster for me.

Started by Morthawt, July 07, 2015, 11:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morthawt

DDOS protection is a useful purpose. Fast DNS is a useful purpose. Having certain files on my site be available via servers closer to the user is a useful purpose. But as I said I have always had this problem ever since I used SMF. I only started using cloudflare about 2 days ago.

Kindred

Cloudflare DDOS?  only for against script kiddies who have no idea what they are doing. Even with Cloudflare, your IP can be easily determined.

Files at a closer server?  What files?   Not most of the forum pages...  they can't get cached because they are dynamic...

anyway...   it seriously does sound like a server side configuration issue - since we KNOW the issue is not on the software side...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Morthawt

Server side, yes.. My point is WHAT could be doing it? That way I can look into it and try to fix the problem. Server side tells me nothing. I have tried to solve this myself, blind, many times. If someone can point me in the right direction maybe I will have a hope of fixing it.

Kindred

honestly, I have no idea....   I don't have a lot of knowledge with server configurations...  I deal with the software side of things.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: