News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Forgotten Password Recovery, assist

Started by Snickerz, July 07, 2015, 07:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snickerz

Morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

I'm working in 2.0.10, just recently updated from 2.0.9.

I had the same issue in 2.0.9 if that makes a difference (the reason I mentioned the upgrade)

For some reason no emails that go through the site seem to be going through, most notable of course being the forgotten password recovery, I've had a few members tell me that they were having issues. I myself even tried to send them emails that also went through, and just to double check it, I had emails sent to myself, also none of them making it through. Now I'm not sure what I need to fix, but I've got a good feeling that because it's happened to three different members, that it isn't a member issue, but a site edit that I need to make, so if you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Snickerz

Ok, I'm sure it can't be my host due to the fact that I tested the email function to one of the sub domains for my main site, and it would appear either I'm really confused or some of the information is seriously missing from that link... It speaks of me putting in the code... Never tells me where I should put the code, just says put it...  :-s

Illori

it says to save it in a php file
QuoteSave as testmail.php and upload to your server.

then you call it in your browser, yoururl.com/testmail.php

Steve

Quote from: Illori on July 08, 2015, 05:22:01 AMthen you call it in your browser, yoururl.com/testmail.php

Hmm ... maybe we should put a short sentence to that effect right after the part you quoted?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Illori

cant hurt given we explain that the file gets put in the same folder that Settings.php and SSI.php are found.

Advertisement: