Attachments are displayed incorrectly in Russian (hieroglyphs).

Started by Sardix, July 08, 2015, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sardix

Hello All!

First i warn you, this problem exists only in Internet Explorer version 8 and above. Everything is OK in other browsers.
My forum have a version 1.1.21. I prepare a Forum move to version 2.x.x. After conversion to UTF-8, all attachments in my forum, began look like on a screenshot (attached). Open and load any attachment working properly. The Forum is working properly. But when you try to save or open attachments that they cease to be unreadable.
This applies only to those attachments, whose names are written in Russian.
Anyone have any ideas what this could be? Please help, 24000+ files in attachments (((

Illori

Sardix

Yes of course. I do all changes and conversation by instruction

Jade Elizabeth

Did you also upgrade your forum to 2.0?

It might be worth running a find and repair errors thing from the maintenance section and possibly even upgrading.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Sardix

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on July 30, 2015, 09:55:55 AM
Did you also upgrade your forum to 2.0?

It might be worth running a find and repair errors thing from the maintenance section and possibly even upgrading.

No, I do not make any updates. Was no errors in the maintenance section. But I made a copy of the forum, and tried to upgrade to version 2.x later. Now during the update process, the error is issued (in the picture in attachment).

margarett

That's the server not being able to complete a request in 30 seconds. You can increase that time
Quote from: margarett on February 09, 2015, 12:20:18 PM
You can increase this timeout by editing upgrade.php
// General options for the script.
$timeLimitThreshold = 3;

That time is seconds x 10. So you can try to increase it to, eg, 6, which should allow 60 seconds of wait.
And see if that helps.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Jade Elizabeth

Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Sardix

Quote from: Jade Elizabeth on September 10, 2015, 10:42:55 AM
Let us know how it goes after you edit that line! :D

I added line "php_value max_execution_time 300" into file .htaccess root of my forum, but it has not worked.
The reason was not a timeout. Searching cache was incorrectly cleaned.
Solving the problem was:
I made a truncation of tables (smf_log_search_messages, smf_log_search_results, smf_log_search_subjects, smf_log_search_topics);
after that, I wrote arbitrary data in the table - smf_log_search_subjects (word 1, id_topic 1);
the upgrade process was continued and completed successfully;
after the upgrade, the problem of wrong encoding of attachments removed itself.

Thank you all for participating. Problem solved. I will be glad of your questions.

Jade Elizabeth

I'm so glad you fixed it!! Thank you for sharing the solution with us too. Hopefully a team member will pass this onto a dev to take a look at, perhaps it's a bug or something we haven't seen yet :).

Sardix

I will be happy too, if my experience will be useful to someone else.  :)

Advertisement: