News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[FREE] badge selection system

Started by Anjuna, July 09, 2015, 01:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjuna

Hi all, I'm looking for a mod for SMF 2.0

I am creating a video game related forum, and I want members to be able to select a badge based on the type of character they use in game. I want it to work like this:

• The user selects a badge from a dropdown list of badges while creating their profile. This dropdown list displays a small icon depicting their character of choice, along with the name of the character.
  • This badge (and the character name) appears everytime a user makes a post, right below the profile picture.
  • It should also be viewable on the profile page.
  • This feature should be available for all users, and users do not need any sort of accomplishment/karma to apply this badge.
  • It should be mandatory.

I have a file containing the character icons, but I'm not so sure whether I should provide that to the mod creator, or I should be able to add them myself.
I apologise if my title or my description wasn't specific enough, I'm not from an english speaking country, and I'm not sure what words to use  :-\ I'll be happy to make more specifications wherever required.

Kindred

I believe that Antes actually provided you with a way to do this in the core SMF with no mod needed at all -- in your other thread....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Anjuna

Yeah, that came a while after I posted this. I guess this thread becomes redundant?

Antes

Advertisement: