News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

attachment path does not exist.... help

Started by arboleas, July 10, 2015, 06:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arboleas

Hi all... my members are trying to post attachments... but the path is incorrect..
the path I have is           www.xxxxxx.vv/subdomains/forum/web/smf/attachments

This does exist on server..  but SMF just says it doesnt exist...   Where am I going wrong?

Kindred

that is not a path... that is a url. the path would be something like /home/username/www/smf/attachments
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

arboleas

need a little more...  I understand that what I posted was a url...  and I get it that the smf/attschments is a folder on server...

but what should the home/username  bit be??

margarett

Check your attachments path
index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=attachments
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

margarett, I think he is saying that his path is wrong...  because he used a URL instead of a path.

arboleas

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Yeah I got it, but he can also fix it through ACP ;)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: margarett on July 10, 2015, 07:43:47 PM
Yeah I got it, but he can also fix it through ACP ;)

but it seems that the op does not know what the full path should be, if they dont how can they fix it in the admin panel?

margarett

zurgenaboy

I am trying to help Arboleas as I have a forum as well and the home etc works on mine
but not on his.
The support from his hosting company tells us this: /var/www/web/smf/
but neither of us know what the var should be.
Can anyone help in this situation

Kindred

it should be exactly as they say. exactly /var/  var is not a placeholder, it is the name of the actual directory
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

you mean you dont know what /var is? that is a folder on the server it does not need to be changed. so the attachments folder could be just adding attachments to that path.

since we dont know what the path should be, we dont know if that is correct. most likely it is not correct unless they are on a dedicated or VPS server.

zurgenaboy

thanks for all your replies, the problem started because the absolute path to the attachments file was not known.
I used repair_settings.php to correct this which I noticed earlier on in these posts.
All fixed and working now, and that file deleted from the server.
once again thank you for replying.

Advertisement: